• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR 15 LPK's

I did too until I started looking around. The AR15.com guys would disagree. They seem to like the Colt kits.
I've used Colt kits before, but I don't think they're worth a premium over some of the other reputable brands that I suggested. IMO, LPKs are more of a threshold product. You are getting basically the same GI trigger, same A2 grip, same detents, and same springs. Minimum cost parts that are in spec are the way to go - you get accuracy from a better barrel, better trigger, and performance from a quality BCG. If you're buying based on brand, just buy the whole darn rifle.

The LPK's are either in spec or not; just saying. CMMG has a little longer take down pins with a dimple in them; but other than that, I haven't seen any differences in any I have used. FCG's are different in that you can feel the difference in some of them. I can guess that AR15.com guys only like Colt and BCM parts and all others are crap and will fail within first box of ammo. Spend your money where you want; but LPK without FCG is not a place I would worry about.

Since the OP is in Henry, go to QFR and get your parts. They will tell you that a $38 CMMG parts kit (minus FCG) and an ALG trigger (QMS or ACT) is their go to set up. These guys shoot a lot and will not give you a load of BS trying to sell you something just because it costs more. Just watch you wallet because you could end up ordering a suppressor if you are not careful.

Back
Top Bottom