• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR 15 LPK's

Well it's funny how I just read this post and earlier today I was using my first ever CMMG lpk.
Low and behold the front takedown pin was outta' spec. It would not slip past the edge of the shoulder on the spring side, FML.
I have used plenty of various kits from Anderson, Dpms, Spikes, Tiger rock, Rock River etc and NEVER, EVER had that problem. Luckily I had spare parts and first one I picked up slid right in.
That was my first experience with CMMG and probably be my last. That was very annoying....

I hate to admit it but I did use a Bushmaster kit once. Oddly enough it had the the best trigger of any I have used. There is only a couple of sources that provide those springs and pins. Then If you really want to go all out you can swap out the hard parts for billet parts. The finish on the the billet parts is smoother and more refined. It's a noticeable difference in quality over the standard bolt catch, mag release and safety lever. Is it worth it well that's in the eye of the beholder. Be prepared to pay for those billet parts they are high as hell.

Well it's funny how I just read this post and earlier today I was using my first ever CMMG lpk.
Low and behold the front takedown pin was outta' spec. It would not slip past the edge of the shoulder on the spring side, FML.
I have used plenty of various kits from Anderson, Dpms, Spikes, Tiger rock, Rock River etc and NEVER, EVER had that problem. Luckily I had spare parts and first one I picked up slid right in.
That was my first experience with CMMG and probably be my last. That was very annoying....
Every now and then you will get a part out of spec. It doesn't just happen with gun parts. I have used plenty of CMMG kits and never had a problem with any of them.

I hate to admit it but I did use a Bushmaster kit once. Oddly enough it had the the best trigger of any I have used. There is only a couple of sources that provide those springs and pins. Then If you really want to go all out you can swap out the hard parts for billet parts. The finish on the the billet parts is smoother and more refined. It's a noticeable difference in quality over the standard bolt catch, mag release and safety lever. Is it worth it well that's in the eye of the beholder. Be prepared to pay for those billet parts they are high as hell.
I've used Bushmaster in a few and they were very good parts, I wouldn't think twice using them or Anderson, DPMS, the trigger was above par for sure on the Bush.

IMG_0478.JPG

What lower is that? I can't read the rollmark.
It's an Advanced Armament Lower. I'm still waiting on my billet ambi safety and mag release. Both in FDE. Had the SilencerCo muzzle brake installed last we ( still waiting on the can ). Phase 5 Hex buffer tube Assembly. Magpul sigle point qd mount. ACT trigger. Ill be swapping out some these items when my order from Sons of Liberty gets here. I was just getting anxious and decided to use what I had to get it this far. I'll take some better pictures when it's finished.

Back
Top Bottom