• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AS IS / NO WARRANTY - Am I ****ed ?

105thSoftail

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
12   0
Reaction score
We went to Atlanta Luxury Motors in Newnan 4 days ago and bought our daughter a 2013 Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 59k miles as is / no warranty but of course they offered a warranty we could purchase and we did.

It drove well but the heater and radio didn't work, they said no problem the'y'll fix a few days later (tomorrow) when we bring it back but for us to go ahead and take it home.... and this is where its sat since then

My wife was going to drop it off first thing tomorrow morning so I went to take it out for gas a few minutes ago and it over heated

I drove it home easily coasting in N where I could to keep the engine from locking up
Checked under the hood, engine is super hot, radiator is cold

Just now checked under the cap and it's reddish fluid and it's dripping out of the bottom of the radiator
Did they mix orange and green coolant together ?

How many days, if any, do I have to cancel this sale or am I ****ed ?

Every vehicle I have ever bought from a dealership came with a 3 day right of recision. I don't know if thats law or standard business practice. But after 3 days you own it, till you fail to make the note, then you don't own it....you still get billed for it, but you don't own it anymore.

It wasn't an irma salvage was it? Or Harvey. Did you pull the carfax to see where and when it came from? I know after Katrina a lot of cars showed up in the used market here that were riddled with problems.

Back
Top Bottom