• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF 2019 letter

Arm braces are not really arm braces that's bull****. That's a lie and we all know it's a lie . They're stocks, and you (and I) want one so you (we) can have an untaxed, unregistered, affordable short-barreled rifle.

ATF has (mostly) one along with our lies because they don't care --they know that a gun with a shoulder stock is not any deadlier than a gun with an arm brace that fits your shoulder very well and serves the role of a shoulder stock. There's no public safety benefit to strictly enforcing this STUPID provision of the NFA, regarding short-barreled rifles.

But let's face it -- in real life certainly pistol arm stabilization braces ARE stocks. Nobody uses them for holding the gun out at arms' length and not touching it to your cheek or shoulder like a stock.

AtF approved arm braces based on lies.
(Remember, The first one ATF ever approved was hyped as something that allows disabled war veterans to enjoy shooting their AR pattern pistols.)
naw, its a brace

they decided words have meaning, they want to tax stocks on sbrs so a pistol brace is the closest thing we are allowed to have

until the gun laws are reversed or the atf is abolished (i prefer the latter, ****ing do away with sin tax enforcement of all kind) then we have to play their gay stupid little word games

I would assume that most of us that have AR pistols have them under 26" anyway, as that is kinda the purpose of having the pistol, to make it as compact as possible... So most of us might have an AFG, but not a VG, so not much has changed...

None of these laws make an F'ing sense. I can have long rifles, short pistols... I can have long pistols, but not a short rifle? At the end of the say, its a GUN. What possible difference does the length of the barrel make? And to make it sillier, what possible difference does it make if the forward grip is at a 90 degree angle, or a 55 degree angle?

Yeah....it's all fun and word games until the Immaculate Orange decides otherwise....
giphy.gif

An angled forward grip is still good for the AR pistol with stabilizing brace even if under 26 inch, right? Just no vertical grips if under 26 inches?

An angled forward grip is still good for the AR pistol with stabilizing brace even if under 26 inch, right? Just no vertical grips if under 26 inches?

As I read it, and I am not a lawyer, in their infinite wisdom they are protecting us only from having a vertical grip on a pistol... putting the grip at an angle makes it safer for society... :-)

Back
Top Bottom