• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

atlanta botanical garden - is it off limits for (concealed) carry?

No metal detectors and no other checks that I've known of, so like others have mentioned, concealed only if you carry there.

Yes, the Georgia Court of Appeals ruled the Garden has an "estate for years" type lease (ownership rights for the term of their lease) and can ban weapons. That makes them a property owner and subject to paying property taxes like other property owners.

The property tax matter is now in the courts:

Fulton Superior Court Case Number: 2022cv368333

Phil

Phillip Evans

Man what are all yall going to the botanical gardens any freakin way? 🤣🤣🤣 yall going to ask if it ok to carry at the oprah-thon next? Lol. I'm kidding boys.. relax😅

I wouldn't go there unless I was carrying. Last time I went 2 years ago with the family to look at the Christmas lights, we had to park a half a mile a way. No way I wouldn't be strapped in that part of Atlanta. And like others said, they don't want or have metal detectors, at least when I went last.

There aren't any metal detectors and they don't wand. We had season passes last year and I carried concealed and no one said anything. They don't check purses or backpacks either, just pay and walk in.
That's my rule of thumb but even at places with wands you can watch which lanes are not being scanned and pop through. They scan at Phillips Arena but I've carried in there for years.

NO SHOOTING BUTTERFLIES!
1668092097787.png

It really is a nice garden to visit. Me and my family have been there four or five times. And to echo the sentiment, being armed anywhere in Atlanta is prudent. Of course, if I have my pants on, I'm armed. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom