• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATLANTA, for those that love it - WELL, YOU CAN HAVE IT!

When we moved to Georgia, we chose Cumming because both of our jobs were in Alpharetta. Actually didn't mind our house and the neighborhood. We lived just off Buford Dam near the water.

But.....it never felt like home. Before Georgia, I just got used to living in small towns. Hell, we lived in a town called Grantsville that's basically around the corner from the salt flats. When we moved away, they were just getting their first traffic light.

All that being said, the traffic and population of Cumming and surrounding areas was feeling a little out of control. They took out a beautiful golf course and threw up townhouses that I dubbed Little India. What once was a two lane road on Buford Dam with no traffic is now congested all day.

The one silver lining to the plandemic is we both went remote. As soon as we both were confirmed remote, we literally sold our house same day and moved further north. If I have my way, we will stay out of popluation growth for the remainder of at least my life. I'm not a fan of city life or the apparent lack of concern or accountability it creates.
I hoping that one day I may find some type of remote work. I hate my job but cant seem to find anything at the moment. I am trying to bloom where Im planted while waiting on a door to open. My son will graduate high school in 5 years and nothing holding us here after that. Id like to find something remote simply for the freedom of location. Probably about to start school of some sort as it appears you have to have a degree of some sort to get your foot in the door.

I was born and raised in Atlanta, but I haven't set foot in the Ghetto for the last 20 years and I can prove by the lack of bullet holes in my Ride :rockon:

I hoping that one day I may find some type of remote work. I hate my job but cant seem to find anything at the moment. I am trying to bloom where Im planted while waiting on a door to open. My son will graduate high school in 5 years and nothing holding us here after that. Id like to find something remote simply for the freedom of location. Probably about to start school of some sort as it appears you have to have a degree of some sort to get your foot in the door.
There are opportunities out there for sure. May just have to be diligent on looking and finding a good fit. We have a young son, and that was the only hard part about moving from Cumming, however, he's still young enough to make lasting friendships out this way. And if prefer he associate himself with country kids rather than those raised in the city.

Once my son graduates (around the same time as your son actually) we may look at moving again, but for now, the roots are planted.

I was stationed at Ft McClellan in Anniston AL in 1979 and I was dating a girl in Kennesaw at the time. It was a $hithole then if you ask me. You could not go anywhere without having to get on interstate. Traffic was nuts then. It has only gotten worse.

1979 and I was dating a girl in Kennesaw at the time. It was a $hithole then if you ask me. You could not go anywhere without having to get on interstate.
I mean, 75 isn't 316 but yeah, sometime you have to get on it? :noidea:

I routinely drive through Acworth, Kennesaw, Marietta, and Woodstock....all without getting on an interstate soooo....

The view from my "office"
PXL_20230719_161224281.jpg
window today.

I mean, 75 isn't 316 but yeah, sometime you have to get on it? :noidea:

I routinely drive through Acworth, Kennesaw, Marietta, and Woodstock....all without getting on an interstate soooo....
I didn't know my way around and she did most of the driving when we were at her place but I am saying it seemed like if we wanted to go out to dinner it required getting on the interstate. Just an old country boy, well I was a young country boy back then but I was not suited for that kind of life. She was alright though.

I have no interest to work or live anywhere near Atlanta. People have different priorities and preferences, which can change over time. The idea of working your whole life in Atlanta with the dream of one day retiring and dying near a lake or mountains seems sad. If you love living in Atlanta, more power to you.

Back
Top Bottom