• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATLANTA, for those that love it - WELL, YOU CAN HAVE IT!

I like pastoral countryside and I like urban cities but I hate the burbs.

Miles and miles of this **** is my version of hell on Earth:
8bee75b9-b17a-4a58-8f17-6d7857a03e09.jpg
I've made it through 26 of these 50 states and let me tell you. That looks like most of them. Somewhere in New Jersey right around the time Modell's was going out of business, by the looks of it. When I was in that area (2021) they were all defunctatated.

When we moved to Georgia, we chose Cumming because both of our jobs were in Alpharetta. Actually didn't mind our house and the neighborhood. We lived just off Buford Dam near the water.

But.....it never felt like home. Before Georgia, I just got used to living in small towns. Hell, we lived in a town called Grantsville that's basically around the corner from the salt flats. When we moved away, they were just getting their first traffic light.

All that being said, the traffic and population of Cumming and surrounding areas was feeling a little out of control. They took out a beautiful golf course and threw up townhouses that I dubbed Little India. What once was a two lane road on Buford Dam with no traffic is now congested all day.

The one silver lining to the plandemic is we both went remote. As soon as we both were confirmed remote, we literally sold our house same day and moved further north. If I have my way, we will stay out of popluation growth for the remainder of at least my life. I'm not a fan of city life or the apparent lack of concern or accountability it creates.

Moved to Atlanta area in fall of ‘68. That was a different, fun, mostly safe Atlanta. Hippies, Cheetah Club, 10th Street Art theater, sleazy strip clubs all on Peachtree. Picking up hippie chicks at 12th Gate. Underground was still safe and fun. Drink beer ‘til you puked at Shakey’s Pizza. The Scene night club tucked in a corner around Peachtree/Ponce was a good hunting ground, as was Crawford Long nursing school. Good times.

I've made it through 26 of these 50 states and let me tell you. That looks like most of them. Somewhere in New Jersey right around the time Modell's was going out of business, by the looks of it. When I was in that area (2021) they were all defunctatated.
My version of heaven in a city:
iu

e753912c03f6d55034d9a25113717560.jpg

iu

Back
Top Bottom