• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATLANTA, for those that love it - WELL, YOU CAN HAVE IT!

As a young man out of Southern Tech I lived with my sister in Duluth for 14 months to save money for a place of my own.

Not knowing if I would keep my job in Lithonia, I decided to locate central to the metro area in case I got a job in Marietta or something.

So I bought a 2BR/1BA foreclosed condo on 6th St in midtown in 1990. The commute was great because I was going opposite of traffic. Love the old-growth trees and the interesting architecture.

Lived there 10 years then moved when I got married. Kept the condo as a rental. Had the best of renters and the worst of renters, but the money was good since my wife stayed home to raise the twins.

Now we've sold our Johns Creek house and will be homeless so moving back to the condo until we can find a house. I enjoy midtown. You can walk almost anywhere. Piedmont Park is nice and they have the new Beltway which is a lot of fun to bike on. I work from home so I have to make a point of exercising.

One of my sons is attending Ga Tech and he will live in the condo next year. And probably get a roommate for some extra income.

Depending where my boys get jobs when they finally finish college, they are welcome to stay there to save money for a place of their own.

So yeah, you can hate on Atlanta for many reasons all of which are justified.

But for me I'll enjoy my little place in the city until I decide to sell.

As a young man out of Southern Tech I lived with my sister in Duluth for 14 months to save money for a place of my own.

Not knowing if I would keep my job in Lithonia, I decided to locate central to the metro area in case I got a job in Marietta or something.

So I bought a 2BR/1BA foreclosed condo on 6th St in midtown in 1990. The commute was great because I was going opposite of traffic. Love the old-growth trees and the interesting architecture.

Lived there 10 years then moved when I got married. Kept the condo as a rental. Had the best of renters and the worst of renters, but the money was good since my wife stayed home to raise the twins.

Now we've sold our Johns Creek house and will be homeless so moving back to the condo until we can find a house. I enjoy midtown. You can walk almost anywhere. Piedmont Park is nice and they have the new Beltway which is a lot of fun to bike on. I work from home so I have to make a point of exercising.

One of my sons is attending Ga Tech and he will live in the condo next year. And probably get a roommate for some extra income.

Depending where my boys get jobs when they finally finish college, they are welcome to stay there to save money for a place of their own.

55a237bc7afe3d165f28221c363b19d8.jpg

This is my experience of living here as well. Most people who "hAtE AtLaNtA" are of three different stripes. The first have never been here, the second live OTP and work ITP and hate the commute, and the third are country folk. I've raised two girls on midtown, IKEA, the aquarium, festivals in Piedmont Park, going to Grant Park, and even a Braves game or two. I've also had them up in Jasper and Ellijay camping, as well as traveling the entire eastern seaboard during COVID, from the Keys to Bar Harbor, Maine.

Places are what you make of them...and as I watch my girls chase their dog through Piedmont with the city skyline in the back ground and listen to the other kids playing and watch folks jogging....I don't know. I kind of like it here.

Back
Top Bottom