• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATLANTA, for those that love it - WELL, YOU CAN HAVE IT!

This is my experience of living here as well. Most people who "hAtE AtLaNtA" are of three different stripes. The first have never been here, the second live OTP and work ITP and hate the commute, and the third are country folk. I've raised two girls on midtown, IKEA, the aquarium, festivals in Piedmont Park, going to Grant Park, and even a Braves game or two. I've also had them up in Jasper and Ellijay camping, as well as traveling the entire eastern seaboard during COVID, from the Keys to Bar Harbor, Maine.

Places are what you make of them...and as I watch my girls chase their dog through Piedmont with the city skyline in the back ground and listen to the other kids playing and watch folks jogging....I don't know. I kind of like it here.

IMG_7647.JPG
IMG_7650.JPG

Yeah, back in the 90's it was cool to ride the train to Lenox, run the P'tree Road Race, then walk four blocks home.

But when you're in the park you have to watch out for the Hoo-Hoo trees!

That's because Atlanta is full of snowbirds and Katrina refugees. I'm sure it was cool in the 70s/80s.

I feel the same way though. I work in Buckhead and wouldn't mind if it burned to the ground again
I think many of the Katrina refugees ran out of gas in Douglasville. Have things changed here. Who Dat shirts every where.

I like certain things about Atlanta but I now see it more as a place to visit rather than a place to live. Side note but sadly it seems every town within an hour or two drive of Atlanta is rapidly losing it's character and being "swallowed" by the city.

Back
Top Bottom