• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Gun Show

Great show as usual. Got to meet some ODTers and sold some ammo and uppers. To all of the folks that say there are no deals........ well looky what I found for less than $200....

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_C23159EB_3BDE_416D_A65B_98A8D626296E_zpsf6ve3zcg.jpg
Sweet FN!!

I'm glad some guys enjoyed it...

But DAMN the price had taken a jump. Literally twice what I paid last time. Don't understand why.

But DAMN the price had taken a jump. Literally twice what I paid last time. Don't understand why.

There weren't nearly as many tables at this show as at the last or at the last this time of the year in 2016. There are only so many jewelry sellers that want to set up a gunshow and pay the table fees. People like me will go but I will not buy 6 tables and lug $50,000 worth of guns to a show to be put in a location next to the firestarter guy, the car camera salesman and the pain reliever bracelet vendors. I'm done.

Pay role for over 25 folks working the show is around $12-15,000 plus to rent the building is over $12.000. Then radio and billboard advertising is close to $10,000. So at $15 a person through the door you have to have over 2400 people just to cover the show. I am being very conservative and did not even add regular operating cost like insurance and taxes. I am not saying that show is not profitable, but there is a large amount of money to put up and possible lose. Now add in table rent from venders and there is the opportunity for a good profit.

Plus think about this, capitalism, as long as there are 3-5,000 folks paying $15 each to come in why not raise the price? I bet even if the price was raised to $18 per person there would still be 3-5,000 people willing to pay the price. Do you think I am wrong?

Pay role for over 25 folks working the show is around $12-15,000 plus to rent the building is over $12.000. Then radio and billboard advertising is close to $10,000. So at $15 a person through the door you have to have over 2400 people just to cover the show. I am being very conservative and did not even add regular operating cost like insurance and taxes. I am not saying that show is not profitable, but there is a large amount of money to put up and possible lose. Now add in table rent from venders and there is the opportunity for a good profit.

Plus think about this, capitalism, as long as there are 3-5,000 folks paying $15 each to come in why not raise the price? I bet even if the price was raised to $18 per person there would still be 3-5,000 people willing to pay the price. Do you think I am wrong?
They did not have tacos ... had to leave early... Sunday rule 1#... and NO on the 18, 13 was pushing it...

Quite frankly I wouldn't give a care if it costs $30 to get in the show, if it meant I'd see guns and gun related items and not have to look over (or overlook) the flea market **** that seems now to be interspersed with the gun dealers.

Wonder how many know that if you pay Saturday you get in Sunday also with the hand stamp. If you had seen something you went home and thought about buying, You could come back and buy it without paying again.

Quite frankly I wouldn't give a care if it costs $30 to get in the show, if it meant I'd see guns and gun related items and not have to look over (or overlook) the flea market **** that seems now to be interspersed with the gun dealers.
Kind of like "Mall of Pawn Shops" from my perspective as a buyer...

Wonder how many know that if you pay Saturday you get in Sunday also with the hand stamp. If you had seen something you went home and thought about buying, You could come back and buy it without paying again.

Done this many times. Good excuse to skip my Saturday weekly bath.

Kid of like "Mall of Pawn Shops" from my perspective as a buyer...

I really like all the guns and parts (when there) and other stuff shooting related in one place. Saves a lot of time and money to go to one venue.

Back
Top Bottom