• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Gun Show

Pay role for over 25 folks working the show is around $12-15,000 plus to rent the building is over $12.000. Then radio and billboard advertising is close to $10,000. So at $15 a person through the door you have to have over 2400 people just to cover the show. I am being very conservative and did not even add regular operating cost like insurance and taxes. I am not saying that show is not profitable, but there is a large amount of money to put up and possible lose. Now add in table rent from venders and there is the opportunity for a good profit.

Plus think about this, capitalism, as long as there are 3-5,000 folks paying $15 each to come in why not raise the price? I bet even if the price was raised to $18 per person there would still be 3-5,000 people willing to pay the price. Do you think I am wrong?

Yeah.

Two years ago I went to one with the exact same promoter for 7.50

I went to shows 30 years ago for 5 or 7 dollars.

$15?

Ain't feeling it, bro.

Quite frankly I wouldn't give a care if it costs $30 to get in the show, if it meant I'd see guns and gun related items and not have to look over (or overlook) the flea market **** that seems now to be interspersed with the gun dealers.

This has been my complaint with gun shows for about 30 years.

Back in the day, a gun show was 100% guns. No flea market crap. Ever.

Of course that changed with Eastman. That turd would let anything in a show. Velvet Elvis paintings and popcorn makers. Absolutely anyone with the cash.

This has been my complaint with gun shows for about 30 years.

Back in the day, a gun show was 100% guns. No flea market crap. Ever.

Of course that changed with Eastman. That turd would let anything in a show. Velvet Elvis paintings and popcorn makers. Absolutely anyone with the cash.
I need a velvet Elvis... trades?

Back
Top Bottom