• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aurora, CO - (OOPS not Houston, TX) - Handcuff Every Adult They Find

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Anyone else hear about this mass arrest in Colorao (not Texas) to find a bank robber?
Apparently cuffed every adult in every car they came across while looking for a bank robber.
Their claim was it was OK because they didn't discriminate based for any particular reason.
Holy Unconstitutionality, Batman...

Last edited:
Last edited:
maybe a little overboard. They had the intersection surrounded and could have done a road block type thing. Handcuffing everyone (19 people I believe) is a little too much. they did catch the guy though.

on a personal note..
I would have been pissed... driving home from work or something, kids in the car.. my happy ass getting put in cuffs..

Seriously, that's your whole response?
No concern for completely random citizens being put in handcuffs?

Here's the link - http://phoebe53.wordpress.com/2012/...lt-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/

And the original news article - http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...lt-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/
i dont know anything about it

just wanted to know if their massive breach of constitutional rights even yielded anything (im guessing no)

They could easily have found me in my car with two loaded handguns as well.
Heck, maybe even an AK.
Stop me on the way to a range trip I could have had 10 guns and a ton of ammo.
What would that make me?

They had little to no description of the suspect.
I would seriously take issue with anybody that handcuffed me and detained me for hours solely because I was near a bank that was robbed.
That is way beyond the legal justification of questioning someone.
They know it.
Way out of bounds.

Take a look at that video, the 2nd "high powered handgun" looks an awful lot like a P22.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know anything about it

just wanted to know if their massive breach of constitutional rights even yielded anything (im guessing no)

I don't know either, I am just blown away that this ever happend.

Yah, 19 adults handcuffed. What happens if the robber decides to come out blazing with his two handguns?

The news channel I was watching said 19 CARS. It is also in the news article. They stated there were 30-40 people that included the handcuffed and children also. I'm just going off what was on the tube and have no idea if these numbers are accurate.

Back
Top Bottom