B4 Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been here since two ought 10 . Still some deals. The AR market is flooded and those that bought during the panic, or have those "custom" garage builds with $2k sunk in them are trying to recoup like Hell. Flippers meh... I got your flip right here... Long live the ODT Long live the [FEED]

Agree 100% ^^^^^ What you said.

Point is what I do and how many trades I make are none of your business,the complaint is I liked it when we dealt with guns and gun related accessories and you didnt have the turds flipping ammo and selling things that are sometimes beyond the pale.I have tried lately to help the kids out with 22 lr,know what I got screwed on that one also.So hell no it aint like it used to be,back when a persons word was as good as gold.Back when a guy would offer up something and say send me a check when you get the money.Good ole days dood.

Agreed biker. It ain't like the good ol' days anymore. But historically, it never is like the good ol' days. Everyday, times change and evolve and we either fight it, evolve with it, or just ignore those things that you dislike and stop investing so much time and energy into those things that produce negative energy and sour moods.

The fact that your generous heart was taken advantage of the way it was is truly unfortunate. And believe you me, those that take advantage of other's generosity for a temporary monetary gain will find themselves in need and no one to help them in the future. I've seen karma payback too many people in this regard to not continue to believe in it.

Just last year, a former college dorm mate of mine emailed me to help him and his wife and son stay in the apartment another month until his paychecks started coming from a new job after being laid off. I being blessed with a job and a savings ethic had funds that I could part with, but in doing so cramped my spending for a few months. But thinking about a little 5 year old, not much younger than my little boy, sleeping in the backseat of a car in November was not something I could swallow. So I loaned him a little over a grand. Since he and I weren't real close, I set it up like a loan. With terms and conditions, etc. Well long story short, one deadline after another came and went, I received 2 installments of $100 and from that point on the only payment I kept receiving was excuses. When it got to an extent that I realized I my generosity had been taken advantage of, I told him I would be contacting a lawyer to recoup the funds. His demeanor immediately went from seeking excuses to calling me names and even threatening me. Genuine gratitude right? Well it would cost more travel (he lives in Missouri), time and money to take him to court than what is owed and once I won that case, I would never see any of the money anyway as he knows and works the system well. Total bull****, but it is what it is. I was mad for a while...more upset at myself for being so stupid to believe him, but I realized dwelling on it and *****ing about it doesn't do anything positive. It only brings me down, makes me grumpy and takes up precious time and energy I can expend upon something better.

So the moral of the story is... **** happens, don't dwell on it, move on and ignore those that have **** on and around you.

Keep the faith biker... youre a good guy at heart. Don't let others suck the good out of you.

Been here since two ought 10 . Still some deals. The AR market is flooded and those that bought during the panic, or have those "custom" garage builds with $2k sunk in them are trying to recoup like Hell. Flippers meh... I got your flip right here... Long live the ODT Long live the [FEED]

:first: :thumb:

Been here a while myself and while it has changed (what doesn't though) it is still a great place.
Douchebags are everywhere vaginas are right??? :lol:

With 31519 members you are going to get some jerkwads. It only takes a handful that are actively behaving like CL'rs to really put a damper on things.

Last edited:
Asides from the people seeking excessive profit, there are people trying to get back as much money as they can from the high priced panic purchases they made not so long ago. For those of you old enough to remember, this is simply a repeat of the original assault weapons ban. I personally made a few trades and sales during the recent big scare knowing that "threatened items" had spiked in price and the more traditional weapons would remain stable (bolt action rifles, low capacity mags, etc.) I learned the hard way the first round of AWB and traded more wisely this last round. I held on to items long enough from the first ban to recoup most of my losses. It will take time for the guns, mags, etc. to reach the spiked values, but a lot of people seem to be in denial for the time being. As stated many times, high prices will lower as the sellers realize that they are not selling their items. The market is still in the settling down stages and pricing should be back to reality over the upcoming months. It takes some longer than others to get past the butt hurt and realize that that the price that they paid is no longer actual value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom