• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Be careful riding

I have been riding street bikes for 38 years. I have always been hesitant to ride in cold weather months. Not because I can't handle it, I have leather jacket, leather chaps , leather gauntlet gloves and mask. along with warm clothes.
But a lot of drivers don't look for scooters in the summer months and the last thing they expect to see is someone on a scooter in cold weather.

Last edited:
I rode a few hundred miles last saturday with some friends. Left ATL around 9am and headed to Suches, met up with three friends and we rode up towards Dillard, about half of it on dirt roads. I tend to try to stay on dirt as much as possible these days. Even so, coming back thru Dahlonega around 7pm, had someone pull out right in front of me in town. I'm hard to miss on a bike that sits higher than most SUVs, loud, bright lights, and Hi-vis jacket. WTF! I figured they might do that, holidays and all with everyone with their head up their a$$es so not too big an issue. Too bad I had just put a new tank on the bike and didn't have my horn wired up yet.

another friend just posted this morning a friend of his is in the ICU this morning from a driver making a u-turn illegally and hitting him.

drivers suck.

BEEN LOOKING INTO GETTING ANOTHER FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS BUT I THINK IVE TALKED MYSELF OUT OF IT.JUST TO MANY IDIOTS ON THE ROAD! THINK ILL JUST FIX UP RATROD TRUCK INSTEAD! DONT HEAL AS QUICK AND BEEN BANGED UP 3 TIMES LAST 7 YEARS FROM PEOPLE ON INTERSTATE.

Back
Top Bottom