• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Be careful riding

Love riding up Hwy 53, over to 136 (I think that is the right number) over Burnt Mountain, on to 52 into Dalonega and OU up to Suches or Helen.
thats my ride..saturday afternoon would be a great time to ride go 136 to grandview dr. back to 136 to burnt mountain to 52 back to ellijay and eat some colonel pooles BBQ

I love that ride too. From the house here in NW Forsyth that's a fine loop.
A shorter one is up Hwy 9 to Dawsonville to 53 west to highway 5 past the Tate house, left on 5 to 372 and down to 369. Left on 369 and a short while later I'm back to wear I started.

On the ride you described follow the signs to Big Canoe off of 53. That'll take you up a nice road through the Wildcat tract of Dawson forest. When the road ends take a left and you're on 136, Burnt mountain road too....
you pass right by my house on that route!

The next several days are gonna be perfect to get out!!
I left my house at 11am this morning. Took Buford Dam Road to GA400 and headed North! Left on 60 to 68 to Tellico. Took a right on the Cherahola then pulled into Kats On The Diver for a bite to eat. Pretty good food and decent prices. After about 30 minutes, got back on the bike and finished Cherahola Skyway and decided to do Deals Gap, Hellbender then head on home going through Murphy, 129, and back down GA400.

Great day to be on a bike even though I did have one close call heading down 129 from Blairsville at around 6:30 at night! A buck leaped out of no where right in front of me while I was going 60 +. Scared the $$$$ out of me!!!

If you're riding this weekend, all the roads mentioned above were clean, no gravel! They had one Cop on the Gap, but the few riders on the road had warned me ahead of time. Speaking of few riders, I might have seen three cars on the Cherahola and ~ 10 cars / bikes on the Dragon! I'm tired, got home at 7:30!!!

I was wondering what had me sitting in traffic like crazy Wednesday night. My office is a mile up the road from where this happened and I heard them talking fatality crash on am750.

Sold my last bike when my daughter was born couple years ago, miss the fun but not all the idiots in cars

I rode a few hundred miles last saturday with some friends. Left ATL around 9am and headed to Suches, met up with three friends and we rode up towards Dillard, about half of it on dirt roads. I tend to try to stay on dirt as much as possible these days. Even so, coming back thru Dahlonega around 7pm, had someone pull out right in front of me in town. I'm hard to miss on a bike that sits higher than most SUVs, loud, bright lights, and Hi-vis jacket. WTF! I figured they might do that, holidays and all with everyone with their head up their a$$es so not too big an issue. Too bad I had just put a new tank on the bike and didn't have my horn wired up yet.

another friend just posted this morning a friend of his is in the ICU this morning from a driver making a u-turn illegally and hitting him.

drivers suck.
What route you take to get dirt ?

I thought every dirt road had Been paved

I think Union county has paved every single one

plenty of dirt roads around. I have a route from Dawsonville to Suches thats about 90% dirt (some is pretty rough, but not bad on a bike). If I really want to, starting in Dawsonville, I can make a 250 mile ride that's probably 80% dirt. Just a lot of wandering around. Mostly forest service roads, stream crossings, etc.

Buddy of mine knows the rider, but no other details available yet. Rider is still in ICU.

Back
Top Bottom