• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bengals punter just got destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you 100%.
QUOTE]

I disagree!!! That was a great hit. The punter was doing his job by trying to stop the runner and in return he got his clock cleaned! Boo Hoo... he is a little punter. They all know the consequences once they put the pads on and step on the field. He was not being targeted, he was an obstacle in the way of a punt return. Its part of the game andI love it!!

I agree with you 100%.
QUOTE]

I disagree!!! That was a great hit. The punter was doing his job by trying to stop the runner and in return he got his clock cleaned! Boo Hoo... he is a little punter. They all know the consequences once they put the pads on and step on the field. He was not being targeted, he was an obstacle in the way of a punt return. Its part of the game andI love it!!

I disagree with one point. The weak are always targeted. It's coached that way.

I agree with you 100%.
QUOTE]

There's a difference between putting your pads into the chest of a guy to block him and leading with your helmet and lunging at his head. Terence Garvin WILL get fined for this hit. It was deemed legal on the field, but replay indicates his helmet was down and he led with it and made helmet to helmet contact. I hope Terence Garvin feels like a real tough guy - what a punk. About what do you would expect though from a player from WVU.

cinpunter_medium.jpg

Last edited:
After further research...

According to article 12.2.7(a)(6), "a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return" qualifies as being in a "defenseless posture." That's Huber for the entire length of the play.
The very next sub-article defines prohibited contact against defenseless players. 12.2.7.(b)(1): "Forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or facemask is lower than the passer's neck..."

So NO... it was not a legal hit.

Blowing up a kicker is the equivalent of kicking a puppy.

Last edited:
You sound like someone that had his own clock cleaned on the football field. He put his shoulder pad square in the punters chest where his pads are. That is text book football. Maybe you should go watch the nut craker this weekend instead of watching football. Its part of the game, get over it!!

After further research...

According to article 12.2.7(a)(6), "a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return" qualifies as being in a "defenseless posture." That's Huber for the entire length of the play.
The very next sub-article defines prohibited contact against defenseless players. 12.2.7.(b)(1): "Forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or facemask is lower than the passer's neck..."

So NO... it was not a legal hit.

Blowing up a kicker is the equivalent of kicking a puppy.

Once he began pursuing the ball handler he became an active participant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I love seeing a guy get his head ripped off, but its pretty cheap when he aint even looking. I'd be ashamed of myself for doing that to a punter. Part of the game no doubt, i'd just be real sharp for a while if I was the guy that delivered the hit cause carma is a mofo. I read something this morning about the pittsburg guy may be punished under the "Hines Ward Rule", which is something about a certin situation when you cant hit a player with your helmet, shoulder, or forearm in the back or from the side, or some **** along those lines. I don't know what else you could hit them with. Maybe a flying elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom