• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bengals punter just got destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After further research...

According to article 12.2.7(a)(6), "a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return" qualifies as being in a "defenseless posture." That's Huber for the entire length of the play.
The very next sub-article defines prohibited contact against defenseless players. 12.2.7.(b)(1): "Forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or facemask is lower than the passer's neck..."

So NO... it was not a legal hit.

Blowing up a kicker is the equivalent of kicking a puppy.

I think we found out who was a punter on the football field!! Dont worry, you will get over it in time.

I think we found out who was a punter on the football field!! Dont worry, you will get over it in time.

Well, if you were referring to me, then you are sorely mistaken. I mainly played as an outside linebacker in the 4-3 and would occasionally play full back in high school. If you saw my frame you'd understand why. But keep taking cheap shots at me, that's not the point. The point being, it's unnecessary to end a guy's season (especially Huber who was a leading All-Pro candidate at punter) and perhaps career gone with a stupid cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom