• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best bang for the buck .22LR ammo?

guitarded_1

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
18   0
Reaction score
I have a .22LR Tikka bolt gun en route that I plan to use as an economical way to practice for hunting season. Obviously, not the same as shooting my .30-06, but I am mainly going to use it as a way to drill offhand, shooting sticks, and various other positions without breaking the bank.

As I'm not shooting matches or hunting, I just need a good, solid range ammo that groups pretty well and is affordable. My past experience is that CCI usually has some solid offerings. Any other good .22LR range ammo worth considering? I plan to buy in bulk, site my rifle in for that specific round and stick with it. Thanks for the suggestions.

You need to try a few different brands and weights to see what the gun likes.

My 10/22 shoots the CCI blazer accurately and with reliable semi-auto feeding. It shoots the CCI Mini Mags better than the Blazer, but it isn’t a great enough improvement to justify the higher price.

The only ammo that has stood out as a poor performer -lots of misfires/duds- is Remington Bulk pack of any version that Remington makes—-Golden Bullet, Thunderbolt, ect, but that may change now that Remington Ammo is produced under a new owner.

Obviously s bolt action is less finicky than a semiauto for cycling but you’ll need to test several to find what the rifle likes best as far as accuracy rather than internet opinions. It really is an “individual” thing to the rifle. My Ruger RMR loves CCI HV best but that doesn’t mean your Tikka will too.

Back
Top Bottom