• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best performance shops

BlackAngler

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
in the Atlanta area, I would need them to be the guys I go to to hook up my msd grid box for turning the car up and down for races or cruises or whatever...

But yeah need a good reliable shop in the area

Is it a Ford, If so I would do nothing but Moe's Performance in the Dallas area. I worked with them a few times when they were converting over to GM tuning. I just did it to help them smooth few areas out. Nothing much but on Fords they are the ticket. They may be doing GM products as well. This has been years ago so I would imagine they have the GM sector dialed in too. Give them a call and they if can help you out. What are you looking to do have one street tune and one race tune. IF that's the case you will need a handheld tuner so you can download your existing tune on it and then download the race tune ( after they jack it up ) into the handheld. You can just carry the handheld unit and switch back and forth right there at the scene. Street race, track or what have you. Car handled like it was on rails. I had every piece of suspension piece you could get for that car.

When I ran my Nitrous set up I had to make adj. to the tune in order to run the NOS. You have retard the timing 2 degrees per 50 hp of nos.d a Nox Box. It used a proximity switch that made contact witht the throttle blade andwould only come on with it was in wide open throttle. It was a dual switch it controlled the Nos and the( timing tuner ) that was the name of it. When it sensed wide open throttle it came on at 2500 rpm and shup off a 7000 rpm and would retard the timing as well.

Like I said it's been a while since I have been in it but they may very well have a stand alone unit that will allow you to switch between the two tunes. My guess is you will still need a hand held unit to swap tunes. They have performance kits they send you that has that handheld with it to swap the premade tune for that set up for maximum performance.

Give me a little more info on what you want I may be able to help you out.

With my 2002 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am I use to just mop the pavement with Corvette ass. You kow they hated that crap. I didn't just beat them I drup their ass for about 2 or 3 miles. My car ran in exess of 125MPH in the quarter mile. There were 10 second cars that didn't run that fast. I had suspension set up for handling so it wouldn't jump off the line like you need a drag car to do. I just loved smoking Corvettes and Ferraris on the interstate. Car handled like it was on rails. I had every piece of suspension piece you could get for that car.

Anywhere in Atlanta area is cool...
Is it a Ford, If so I would do nothing but Moe's Performance in the Dallas area. I worked with them a few times when they were converting over to GM tuning. I just did it to help them smooth few areas out. Nothing much but on Fords they are the ticket. They may be doing GM products as well. This has been years ago so I would imagine they have the GM sector dialed in too. Give them a call and they if can help you out. What are you looking to do have one street tune and one race tune. IF that's the case you will need a handheld tuner so you can download your existing tune on it and then download the race tune ( after they jack it up ) into the handheld. You can just carry the handheld unit and switch back and forth right there at the scene. Street race, track or what have you. Car handled like it was on rails. I had every piece of suspension piece you could get for that car.

When I ran my Nitrous set up I had to make adj. to the tune in order to run the NOS. You have retard the timing 2 degrees per 50 hp of nos.d a Nox Box. It used a proximity switch that made contact witht the throttle blade andwould only come on with it was in wide open throttle. It was a dual switch it controlled the Nos and the( timing tuner ) that was the name of it. When it sensed wide open throttle it came on at 2500 rpm and shup off a 7000 rpm and would retard the timing as well.

Like I said it's been a while since I have been in it but they may very well have a stand alone unit that will allow you to switch between the two tunes. My guess is you will still need a hand held unit to swap tunes. They have performance kits they send you that has that handheld with it to swap the premade tune for that set up for maximum performance.

Give me a little more info on what you want I may be able to help you out.

With my 2002 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am I use to just mop the pavement with Corvette ass. You kow they hated that crap. I didn't just beat them I drup their ass for about 2 or 3 miles. My car ran in exess of 125MPH in the quarter mile. There were 10 second cars that didn't run that fast. I had suspension set up for handling so it wouldn't jump off the line like you need a drag car to do. I just loved smoking Corvettes and Ferraris on the interstate. Car handled like it was on rails. I had every piece of suspension piece you could get for that car.

Yeah it’s a Oldsmobile with sbc... yeah that’s exactly what i want... to get my car to where I can dial it in with a click or two... that would save me a lot of money and time... as i said it has the msd grid box but the previous owner used the cd and has it installed on a personal computer so I need to see whether I need to buy a new box or just get with a shop on having it hooked up correctly...

Back
Top Bottom