• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way for my money to make money and be accessible

play with a small sum of money. Something you won't hurt over if you lose it. I played with $300 in bitcoin and etherium just to get my feet wet and lost all of it. HA! Lesson learned. Scratched that itch in a hurry let me tell you.
Same here, except playing with stock options. Tried a little $400 deposit in to a Robinhood account. Got it up to about $3k, then lost all of it. Lesson learned. Stay away from stock options.

Just put a few bucks in an annuity, making about 6% with a 5 year term...........................

Also a little in Money Market, paying 2.5 % but can get at it anytime no penalty......

https://www.daveramsey.com/dave-ramsey-7-baby-steps#baby_step_3

TDLR Version:

"Baby Step 3: Save 3–6 Months of Expenses in a Fully Funded Emergency Fund

Put this savings in your emergency savings or money market account so you won’t be tempted to touch it.

Baby Step 4: Invest 15% of Your Household Income in Retirement

This is when you take 15% of your gross household income and start investing it into your retirement.

Start by investing enough in your company 401(k) plan to receive the full employer match. Hey, that’s free money! Then invest the rest into Roth IRAs—one for you and one for your spouse (if you’re married). If your company doesn't offer a retirement plan or match your contributions, then go straight to the Roth IRA."

Everyone wishes there was a zero to low risk investment with high returns but those two qualities are at odds with one another.

Hey guys, so I've finally paid off my credit cards and have some money to put away. Need your help on a hypothetical situation.

While being paranoid and not giving you real amounts.Let's say I have $40,000 to invest/ put away but I want at least $20,000 to be accessible as a just in case fund and the other $20,000 can be slightly less accessible.

*I don't want to chance losing money
*I want a high intrest account

I'm thinking a platinum money market currently. What would you guys do?

Little bit of background: 29, have a 457 pension, my wife has one of her own too. Both of us work in the public sector.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Schwab ETF's. I use SCHD, SCHA, SCHX, SCHF, and SCHB. I have done very well. Never lost a penny. Made about $50 per 1,000 this month. Also to cash out just sell and transfer the funds. $0 maintenance, $0 transfer, $0 everything.

Back
Top Bottom