• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware Dead Air Odessa 9

Nielsen device is for browning tilt action barrel pistols which the m9a3 is not. It’s considered a fixed barrel since it doesn’t tilt like a Glock, M&P, Sig etc.

Slow motion:
This guy who works for Dead Air uses the M9 as an example with the Odessa 9 on it... I'll say it again, it's not a fixed barrel and the booster can be used without damaging anything

Sorry you had to endure this while popping the cherry. They'll take care of you as others have stated.

I took my newly acquired dead air odessa 9 suppressor to the range for the first time today. The host was my M9A3. In under 10 shots, something didn't feel right and I knew it. I looked at the piston and it was protruding more than it should have been, so I quit shooting it until I could take it home and disassemble it. I thought I might have assembled it incorrectly. Well I did have it assembled correctly. The problem was the POS piston cracked. Not cracked in one place, cracked everywhere BUT one place, around the entire diameter of the piston where the ventilation holes are. What a joke. A butload of money and 260 day wait for a poor quality, out of spec piston that is needed to use the suppressor. This was not caused by a baffle strike, goofy ammo, or user error. Hopefully Dead Air gets back with me quickly and sends me a new one like they have done with everyone else who has had this issue.
See the attached pic

Barrel doesn't move.
Beretta M9A3 is fixed barrel?

They're sending me a new piston. Kind of leaves me scratching my head about what would cause it to crack like that, but I think it's just a spoof manufacturing defect

Quality Control....its when the details are perfectly in line....any outside purchases...ie materials...machining etc...because of covid shortages could lead to something like this....if I was a guessing man

This guy who works for Dead Air uses the M9 as an example with the Odessa 9 on it... I'll say it again, it's not a fixed barrel and the booster can be used without damaging anything
You are correct 50%

The booster can be used with the “shims” (see fixed barrel spacer) on a fixed barrel.

Once you understand what a booster is, what the design features on it are and how it works, will you be able to know why you need to cover the holes with shims/spacer/set screws/whatever when using it in a fixed barrel.

Just took possession of my Odessa 9. I plan on using it with a M9A4 and a Gen 5 Glock 19 and a Ruger PC9. I haven’t fired it with either yet. When I got it home I notice it only has 10 baffles and not the 11 as advertised in the manual. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from their customer service. I emailed them and left a phone message on July 10 and have yet to hear back from them. It makes me wonder about their excellent customer service reputation.

Back
Top Bottom