• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

I would rather park at the airport or East Point then ride the train through downtown to get to the new venue than pay $25 to park, fight rush hour traffic and waste the gas. To be honest, I have no problem with the MARTA trains. I rode them to work for years and never had a negative experience worth remembering. I have never stepped foot on a MARTA bus and will not.

That could be the elephant in the room. Why make it too easy to avoid paying for parking?

I drive because I like being able to tailgate a little bit and I hope the new place has a better parking situation.

This whole announcement doesn't seem all that important to me for two reasons. First...I no longer live in the Atlanta Metro area. Second...I still tend to think of the team as the Boston Braves. :sorry:

This whole announcement doesn't seem all that important to me for two reasons. First...I no longer live in the Atlanta Metro area. Second...I still tend to think of the team as the Boston Braves. :sorry:

Gosh, you are going way back. lol The last city they were in was Milwaukee.

That could be the elephant in the room. Why make it too easy to avoid paying for parking?

I drive because I like being able to tailgate a little bit and I hope the new place has a better parking situation.

I would just park at the mall or something like hours before the game they open the park way before the game. or I'd just hit a local watering hole or restaurant and walk on over to the park. I'm not the type to get there as the opening pitch is being thrown, and it seems thats when people are still trying to get in and seated

What I can't future out is why they are not using the old GM plant site for a stadium
Could build an exit directly into it and it has a train station

It puzzles why this spot is wasted too. You could build a baseball and football stadium there with room for shops and nightlife.
It could have it's own exit to 285, it has MARTA access, it could have light rail access from Macon or Athens. You could even come by Amtrack from New Orleans or up north. If your well-off you could fly into PDK and be there in minutes.

It puzzles why this spot is wasted too. You could build a baseball and football stadium there with room for shops and nightlife.
It could have it's own exit to 285, it has MARTA access, it could have light rail access from Macon or Athens. You could even come by Amtrack from New Orleans or up north. If your well-off you could fly into PDK and be there in minutes.

Putting the baseball and football parks too close together would be a nightmare when the events overlap.

Parking for the boat show is a cluster **** when the Falcons are playing.

Putting the baseball and football parks too close together would be a nightmare when the events overlap.

Parking for the boat show is a cluster **** when the Falcons are playing.

Not really. Couple examples; the Detroit Tigers and Lions are right by each other and so are the Phoenix Cardinals and Coyotes (been to both areas). They work around each others schedules all the time. Seems to work for them.

Not really. Couple examples; the Detroit Tigers and Lions are right by each other and so are the Phoenix Cardinals and Coyotes (been to both areas). They work around each others schedules all the time. Seems to work for them.
Heck, the Braves and Falcons used to share the SAME stadium! :cool:

Thats the trick. The seasons don't over lap that much, and if the effort is put in it could be scheduled around. (just don't try to fit b-ball in too.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom