• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brit needs advice!

When l tore mine down l cut it between each joist. I tried pulling them whole but the nails were just stuck in to well. When cut into pieces you only had to deal with 2 nails at a time. Made it much easier. Mine was also 10 feet off of the ground. Made it that much more difficult

giphy (7).gif

Advertise the boards as " slightly used excellent condition construction lumber."
All pressure-treated, low round count, no box or papers but minty. Throw in the phrase "Rare and collectible" in there too.

Tell us that online auction sites have boards like this listed for $17 each, which is about $2 per linear foot, but for your ODT friends you will let them come over and pick the boards that they want and remove them themselves for only a dollar per board foot ! A buck! (What kind of cheap SOB would complain about having to pay a single buck?)

(That gives you wiggle room for the negotiation, where the people who respond to your ad will try to talk you down to $.30 per board foot, and some contemptable lowballers will even offer you a dime a foot.)

TERMS: Bring tools and wear your back brace because you've got to remove the boards that you want yourself and carry them away without assistance.
Britt 's only help will be to provide an assortment of Band-Aids for when you cut or smash your fingers.

P.S.
If my marketing idea doesn't work immediately and get all these boards gone this coming weekend, I suggest that you take some golf shoes (with the spikes pointing downward) and stomp all over the deck. Then spray some paint on it (from a spray can that you get from the dollar store).
Following the treatment you can re-post your ad, bragging that your deck has been stippled and cera-coated. Ask $1.50 per foot for each board.

Back
Top Bottom