• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bud Light apologizes for endorsing rape

On a lighter note-a Russian space vehicle is falling out of the sky, Nepal is buried in rubble, a major North American city is smoldering from riots and demonstrations and large corporate banks are starting to enact negative yields for the first time in history.

I'm surprised anyone even reads Bloomberg anymore. What's on TMZ?
Don't forget the "recovered"economy numbers out today .2% growth! Weeeeeee!!!!

Why? Only idiots would take that as an endorsement for date rape

Lots of idiots around these days...

Any normal person would think it is them appealing to a younger crowd by suggesting drinking bud light would have you doing something spontaneous and different

Mostly peeing. Alot.

Why? Only idiots would take that as an endorsement for date rape

Any normal person would think
it is them appealing to a younger crowd by suggesting drinking bud light would have you doing something spontaneous and different
I guess I'm not 'normal' (of course I never claim to be). I thought it was just an idiotic blatantly clueless slogan. Then again I think about half of all marketing is idiotic.

It may be idiotic, but do you think it endorses rape?
Do I think Budweiser intends to endorse rape? No, of course not. Do I think it was idiotic and inexplicably naive in today's constant "no means no" environment for a company of that size to not recognize that such a slogan would be viewed as inappropriate? Absolutely.

Do I think Budweiser intends to endorse rape? No, of course not. Do I think it was idiotic and inexplicably naive in today's constant "no means no" environment for a company of that size to not recognize that such a slogan would be viewed as inappropriate? Absolutely.

I think the problem is the over sensitivity of people today. It was a simple statement about doing stuff you wouldn't normally do. Anyone that takes that and turns it into a rape conversation has problems IMO.

Back
Top Bottom