• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bud Light apologizes for endorsing rape

Do I think Budweiser intends to endorse rape? No, of course not. Do I think it was idiotic and inexplicably naive in today's constant "no means no" environment for a company of that size to not recognize that such a slogan would be viewed as inappropriate? Absolutely.

I definitely see what you're saying here. I think it's idiotic for people to be so sensitive to it but at the same time it's idiotic for Budweiser to have not known better. When I read the slogan, I took it more as promoting that "anything goes" sort of attitude that many college kids have. Never once did I think of it as promoting rape or any criminal activity. Consensual on-night stands, yes, but not rape.

I think the problem is the over sensitivity of people today. It was a simple statement about doing stuff you wouldn't normally do. Anyone that takes that and turns it into a rape conversation has problems IMO.

Yes, but I believe the point that Geaux is making is regardless if we think the over-sensitivity is a problem or ridiculous, Budweiswer knows that this over-sensitivity exists and should have known better. I think it's ridiculous that Budweiser should have to consider that, but it's reality. Not considering it is foolish these days.

Yes, but I believe the point that Geaux is making is regardless if we think the over-sensitivity is a problem or ridiculous, Budweiswer knows that this over-sensitivity exists and should have known better. I think it's ridiculous that Budweiser should have to consider that, but it's reality. Not considering it is foolish these days.

I see the point, I just don't like it. If everything has to be censored in life to play to the lowest form of idiot, than eventually we all lose.

I don't have a daughter. I have one son. But my girlfriend has 2 cute little girls that someday I may be the one meeting their first dates. In case it happens to be one of you insensitive Bud Light drinking, slogan accepters, understand this: No beer can slogan will save your ass from my wrath. 2 rules you must fully understand and abide by until she is 35 or living out on her own/whichever comes first. No means NO and Yes means NO. <---note the period.

I don't have a daughter. I have one son. But my girlfriend has 2 cute little girls that someday I may be the one meeting their first dates. In case it happens to be one of you insensitive Bud Light drinking, slogan accepters, understand this: No beer can slogan will save your ass from my wrath. 2 rules you must fully understand and abide by until she is 35 or living out on her own/whichever comes first. No means NO and Yes means NO. <---note the period.

Are you serious?

I think the problem is the over sensitivity of people today. It was a simple statement about doing stuff you wouldn't normally do. Anyone that takes that and turns it into a rape conversation has problems IMO.
If your advertising slogan today is "Drink this alcohol and it will help you lose your inhibitions", your slogan is idiotic and irresponsible and you deserve ALL the grief you get. Should they have the right to do it? Absolutely. Should they feign surprise when they get understandable push back. Nope.

Goals for the day:

1. Drive to work (try to get someone to run into me so I can sue them).
2. Sit at my desk (try to think of a way to feel victimized by something).
3. Go to the bathroom (look for a way to fake a slip and fall accident so I can sue someone).
4. Say hello to co-workers (analyze how they look at me so I can try and feel singled out)
5. Eat lunch (search for brown lettuce or something so I can get a free meal and public apology from the manager).
6. Get through the afternoon (making myself visible so that someone will possibly criticize me for something; so I can feel victimized).
7. Repeat Step #3.
8. Leave a little early (hoping everyone will notice my fake limp from Step #3 and 7).
9. Reverse Step #1 (with the same intent).
10. Be normal until tomorrow morning and then start everything all over again.

Life in America is great! So many opportunities to feel victimized and slighted get our feelings hurt. No wonder we are the envy of the world!

If your advertising slogan today is "Drink this alcohol and it will help you lose your inhibitions", your slogan is idiotic and irresponsible and you deserve ALL the grief you get. Should they have the right to do it? Absolutely. Should they feign surprise when they get understandable push back. Nope.

Alcohol does help people loosen up and lose their inhibitions. Anyone that doesn't know that is a prude or worse. I'm not advocating for bud light, I just think people get butthurt over dumb **** way too much and feign anger over every little thing. If people don't like it, don't buy it. Simple solution.

Back
Top Bottom