• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bud Light apologizes for endorsing rape

I see the point, I just don't like it. If everything has to be censored in life to play to the lowest form of idiot, than eventually we all lose.
It wasn't 'censored'. They were free to leave the slogan. There are examples of absurd hyper sensitivity (generally around race) but this isn't one. This was just immature on their part. Next time they might want to defer to the guy in their marketing department who can grow a full beard.

I don't have a daughter. I have one son. But my girlfriend has 2 cute little girls that someday I may be the one meeting their first dates. In case it happens to be one of you insensitive Bud Light drinking, slogan accepters, understand this: No beer can slogan will save your ass from my wrath. 2 rules you must fully understand and abide by until she is 35 or living out on her own/whichever comes first. No means NO and Yes means NO. <---note the period.

Okay so, because I think the public outcry of BudLight's slogan shows that society has become way too PC and ridiculous, that means that I'm insensitive (even though BudLight was not referring to rape and we all know they weren't) and that I need to be told by you that No means No. Oh and it also means that we are pedophiles because apparently you felt the need to tell us how tough you are and how you will react to us if we sexually assault your daughter. All because BudLight was accused of promoting rape and we stated that was clearly not the case.

Wow! Okay buddy.

I don't read the slogan and say, "I guess rape is ok now!" Who reads the slogan and thinks it is ok?

Nobody does. People just want to make a fuss. See the sarcasm of post #27 ;)

It wasn't 'censored'. They were free to leave the slogan. There are examples of absurd hyper sensitivity (generally around race) but this isn't one. This was just immature on their part. Next time they might want to defer to the guy in their marketing department who can grow a full beard.

It was definitely immature and foolish on their part.

The good ole USA has turned into the cry baby nation where easily offended by general phrases. I believe it falls back to the I can sue anyone for anything. Not the lawyers fault, (maybe partially) but dang, lighten up american our fore fathers would role over in their graves if they could see what we've become.

Do I think Budweiser intends to endorse rape? No, of course not. Do I think it was idiotic and inexplicably naive in today's constant "no means no" environment for a company of that size to not recognize that such a slogan would be viewed as inappropriate? Absolutely.
Why? Only folks obsessed with the issue would see into it

Kinda like al sharptons crowd will construe many things to be racist

Anyone remember folks getting bent out of shape over a rep using the word niggardly?

Im not one to assume irrational positions some ignorant peopke may or may not take

If you are offended by this it means you were looking to be offended

Last edited:
The good ole USA has turned into the cry baby nation where easily offended by general phrases. I believe it falls back to the I can sue anyone for anything. Not the lawyers fault, (maybe partially) but dang, lighten up american our fore fathers would role over in their graves if they could see what we've become.
While true in general, Budweiser didn't get sued.

Why? Only folks obsessed with the issue would see into

Kinda like al sharotons crowd will construe many things to be racist

Anyone remember folks getting bent out of shape over a rep using the word niggardly?

Im not one to assume irrational positions some ignorant peopke may or may not take

If you are offended by this it means you were looking to be offended
Really? I wasn't "offended" and am hardly "obsessed" with the issue. I'm just not so naive that I can't recognize it's an immature slogan or that the push back shouldn't have been foreseen.

On what grounds could they be sued for this?

A boycott, sure, but getting sued
They can't. That's the point. People keep talking about lawsuits and a litigious society. That has absolutely nothing to do with this.
Well I retract that, I guess anyone can get sued for anything.

Really? I wasn't "offended" and am hardly "obsessed" with the issue. I'm just not so naive that I can't recognize it's an immature slogan or that the push back shouldn't have been foreseen.
Never said you were

I was speaking generally

How is it immature? I sincerely dont see what their slogan has to do with rape

Back
Top Bottom