• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C8 corvette

2017 gsxr 1000

When I started riding all these things werent even a though. As they came available abs wasnt as good as it is now, and it added a good bit of complexity and weight. They are much better now, but I dont have interest in the system. Also I make it a point not to ride in the rain I dont want to het my shiny toy dirty.

The gsxr has riding modes for power and traction control. Those are my only user adjustable settings. There isnt separate functions for those.

I have also crashed a few times in my life due to user error. It hurts and I dont ride like I used to. I also use to do some stunt riding but dont do that stuff anymore either.

Thats the good thing about choices, we dont have to have the same wants.

Can’t blame em

All the police departments care about now is writing traffic tickets

Was in Woodstock yesterday and they had FIVE cars in speed traps in a couple mile stretch of 92 south of 575

Then went to Athens
GSP had two cars parked running radar between 92 and 75

Cobb county had three between 575 and 285

Sandy springs had two
Dunwoody had two
DoraVille had one

Gwinnett county had several

Jefferson had two running radar on 129
Podunk non city of Arcade has one permanently parked in the turn lane on 129

A two hour drive and I know I saw at least a dozen cops running radar traps

It’s all about the money and having a corvette is pointless except for the snob appeal

And BMW Benz and Porsche have more snob appeal for the same money than a corvette

Which is part of the problem for GM
They are getting crushed both ways

But what Porsche does is make super car versions of its 911. That while looking the same as the regular 911
Have unbelievable performance and cost $800k

They still make normal 911’s for commuters
And they even make SUVs to help keep the company profitable so they can keep making sports cars
If you saw all these then they were certainly not “traps”

d8688f1a8de1b91e48f8e6596f6bc837.jpg
88 Fiero with a 2” top chop and widebody kit that adds 2” on each side

Think this one has a LS 5.3 engine
But it come factory with a 2.5 doesn’t it?

2017 gsxr 1000

When I started riding all these things werent even a though. As they came available abs wasnt as good as it is now, and it added a good bit of complexity and weight. They are much better now, but I dont have interest in the system. Also I make it a point not to ride in the rain I dont want to het my shiny toy dirty.

The gsxr has riding modes for power and traction control. Those are my only user adjustable settings. There isnt separate functions for those.

I have also crashed a few times in my life due to user error. It hurts and I dont ride like I used to. I also use to do some stunt riding but dont do that stuff anymore either.

Thats the good thing about choices, we dont have to have the same wants.

Not as familiar with that particular GSX-R. I know that the systems on the latest model are pretty solid. I had a couple 750's over the years and a TL1000R but the 750's only had rider modes to reduce power, no ABS.

My 1198 had no rider aids, not even ABS and it was a real handful to ride fast...

The systems now are so transparent, they really do work well, but 25 years of riding without them, I am having to force myself to trust them... but we all see the benefit of things like ABS in cars today, and I believe that they are even more critical with bikes...

My dad's Z06 is practically undrivable if you turn off the traction control and stuff. Unless you are on a race track with sticky tires and know what you are doing, the 650hp that that thing belts out quickly consumes its rear tires and it is all over the place if you are not careful...

Nowadays, bikes are coming with so much performance that they are downright dangerous and a real liability if you turn the electronic systems off. They are selling to the public, what would have qualified as a MotoGP bike a decade ago... we are getting performance that used to be found on $2M prototype race bikes, for less than 20 grand sold to the public...

None of us are Rossi... and even he uses most of those systems himself... haha

Not as familiar with that particular GSX-R. I know that the systems on the latest model are pretty solid. I had a couple 750's over the years and a TL1000R but the 750's only had rider modes to reduce power, no ABS.

My 1198 had no rider aids, not even ABS and it was a real handful to ride fast...

The systems now are so transparent, they really do work well, but 25 years of riding without them, I am having to force myself to trust them... but we all see the benefit of things like ABS in cars today, and I believe that they are even more critical with bikes...

My dad's Z06 is practically undrivable if you turn off the traction control and stuff. Unless you are on a race track with sticky tires and know what you are doing, the 650hp that that thing belts out quickly consumes its rear tires and it is all over the place if you are not careful...

Nowadays, bikes are coming with so much performance that they are downright dangerous and a real liability if you turn the electronic systems off. They are selling to the public, what would have qualified as a MotoGP bike a decade ago... we are getting performance that used to be found on $2M prototype race bikes, for less than 20 grand sold to the public...

None of us are Rossi... and even he uses most of those systems himself... haha

Yeah im not rossi and understand my limits are well below that. Its all in how you drive it. My bike has somewhere around 190hp to the wheel after being tuned. I dont use that much power driving around the streets. It doesnt make it undriveable to me, but it would quickly get out of hand if i made mistakes.
image.jpg

Yeah im not rossi and understand my limits are well below that. Its all in how you drive it. My bike has somewhere around 190hp to the wheel after being tuned. I dont use that much power driving around the streets. It doesnt make it undriveable to me, but it would quickly get out of hand if i made mistakes.
View attachment 2100091

190hp at the wheel? Let me guess the dyno... Livengood?

What mods have you done to it?

190hp at the wheel? Let me guess the dyno... Livengood?

What mods have you done to it?
I didnt dyno it thats the middle of the pack from people who have dyno’d using the same mods. Full system and ecu tune. They did a lot of work to the 2017 models and in america, the ecu tune gives back a lot of power tuned out from the factory. 190 isnt my bikes exact number but I would like to get it on there one day to see.

604C02F0-604F-48EE-ACD1-F76795E48A56.jpeg

Gotcha. I like the new GSX-R1000 and Josh Herrin seems to be doing really well on it this year...

My Ape is putting down just shy of 166hp and 84ft/lbs at the wheel with just a slipon and mild tune, but it's more upright seating position and weight distribution makes it an absolute riot...

Gotcha. I like the new GSX-R1000 and Josh Herrin seems to be doing really well on it this year...

My Ape is putting down just shy of 166hp and 84ft/lbs at the wheel with just a slipon and mild tune, but it's more upright seating position and weight distribution makes it an absolute riot...
I pretty much use the bike to commute and the weekend cruise. I had a gsxs1000 prior and i do prefer the upright riding position
for comfort. Been thinking about a xdiavel but its either a new bike or a corvette. Lol
Pfft that bike is crazy from the factory like 212 out an 18 if I remember.
Can’t wait what they are going to do now that the Hayabusa is gone.
Yeah 2017 was the first year of the engine change. Way fast

Back
Top Bottom