• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a ODT EMT Justify $1100.00 16 mile ride to Hospital

Considering the total of my Health Care costs were under $3,000 for a family of 4 in 2008 and have exploded to $14,000+ last year I am thinking insurance won't be affordable much longer. Premiums are up from about $250 a month in 2008 to $400. That's only because we upped our deductible. Now the first $5,000 is out of pocket. I used to have $10 copays, and my out of pocket was almost non existent. To pay $14,000 in expenses, you have to earn about $19,000. I am loving all this change. It's awesome.

Considering the total of my Health Care costs were under $3,000 for a family of 4 in 2008 and have exploded to $14,000+ last year I am thinking insurance won't be affordable much longer. Premiums are up from about $250 a month in 2008 to $400. That's only because we upped our deductible. Now the first $5,000 is out of pocket. I used to have $10 copays, and my out of pocket was almost non existent. To pay $14,000 in expenses, you have to earn about $19,000. I am loving all this change. It's awesome.

I have a family of three. No pregnancy coverage for my wife, a 5k deductible. $50.00 copay. Almost 700 a month.

Youre paying for the emergency care that you 'might' need between the incident and the ER.

I like your thinking!! In that case, I need every married person to give my a $2500 retainer because you should pay for the divorce you 'might' need between your date of marriage and death.

I will forward you a percentage for the idea Leatherhead!

All bills are negotiable even medical related ones. Medical bills have to be some of the most over priced services out there, know why? most people that use them never pay becasue they eitehr can't or won't so guess who foots the bill? you and I do by paying far too much for services rendered. I have never paid the full price... doctor visits, ambulance rides, surgery, emergency room, etc... Negotiate the bill!

Back
Top Bottom