• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we get an option to auto-ignore persons with negative feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a feedback based site. That's the rep we are given to deal with. If someone gets burned bad enough to leave a negative, they have likely earned.

Also, for all saying how great ginger beard man is to deal with, I'm sure he is. This isn't a call out thread, and certainly not of him. Nothing personal about this, I hope no one is truly offended.
If anyone’s “offended” at what you’ve posted unless I’ve misunderstood something, they might need to check up with themselves? I got no problem. I’ve made a sacrifice or 2 to make a meet but a deal’s a deal. Simple as that, to me. I will say, and I doubt it pertains to any of this thread? If I buy a brand new gun or if it’s a gun that I have not yet shot, and trade it (I have a couple times) …. I’d probably make it right if it didn’t function right or whatever BUT , just a note= That has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the buyer/trader and his Character .

We are a feedback based site. That's the rep we are given to deal with. If someone gets burned bad enough to leave a negative, they have likely earned.

Also, for all saying how great ginger beard man is to deal with, I'm sure he is. This isn't a call out thread, and certainly not of him. Nothing personal about this, I hope no one is truly offended.
No offense taken. You asked a question, I answered and with a follow up question. Feedback is good and all but it's all very circumstantial and rarely 100% fact based. Even Ken agrees with that as he noted above that it's far from perfect. The only people that can really know what occurred are the two people involved; so can it be moderated by anyone outside of those parameters. No, not effectively and not without bias.

The cool thing is, you have the ability to ignore members with negative feedback, myself included. That should be a you thing and not a site wide global setting.

03FB60E2-25FA-49BC-A19A-7F9777B6C731.jpeg

If anyone’s “offended” at what you’ve posted unless I’ve misunderstood something, they might need to check up with themselves? I got no problem. I’ve made a sacrifice or 2 to make a meet but a deal’s a deal. Simple as that, to me. I will say, and I doubt it pertains to any of this thread? If I buy a brand new gun or if it’s a gun that I have not yet shot, and trade it (I have a couple times) …. I’d probably make it right if it didn’t function right or whatever BUT , just a note= That has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the buyer/trader and his Character .
I absolutely would too, but I think we all have our limits. I explained the situation above that Ken made disappear so I'll use an example below.

Let's say I purchase something at say Best Buy, a TV for example. I get it home and the volume doesn't work. Instead of contacting Best Buy, I sit at home with my tools and take it all apart. Then I realize "whoah, this is beyond my expertise" and I contact Best Buy and bring them a box o' parts that used to be a TV and tell them to make it right, well, even the big box store is going to maybe give you some resources to fix it or tell you to kick rocks but they are certainly under no obligation to replace or refund it at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom