• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we get an option to auto-ignore persons with negative feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ignoring somebody who has one negative on their record is pretty harsh and I think shortsighted.
I could have gotten a negative a few years ago myself; I'm lucky I didn't.

But overall my buy -sell-trade record here has been excellent.

I absolutely would too, but I think we all have our limits. I explained the situation above that Ken made disappear so I'll use an example below.

Let's say I purchase something at say Best Buy, a TV for example. I get it home and the volume doesn't work. Instead of contacting Best Buy, I sit at home with my tools and take it all apart. Then I realize "whoah, this is beyond my expertise" and I contact Best Buy and bring them a box o' parts that used to be a TV and tell them to make it right, well, even the big box store is going to maybe give you some resources to fix it or tell you to kick rocks.
It really depends. It really does. Not saying how but yea, it just depends. Hate to hear that.

Good question, and I have considered that. I thought of something like 99.9% positive or better would still be on, which you would fall under... However, in my experience thus far, I would rather just make a hard and fast rule where any negatives are a no go for me.

Not saying this is you, but it's the people with 1 negative that have been my worst experiences. The first time they receive one, they are caught just being themselves. Chances are they have been an ass before, the other trader just didn't do the "paperwork". Once the person sees that red on their feedback, they quickly learn the workarounds for the future. That way, they can still be ****heads, but they are now Teflon coated ****heads. They learn to communicate via pm, than even an actual deal is proposed, they have you call/text "to work out the details". Again, this is nothing toward you at all. I'm sure you an excellent trader.

I hadn't actually realized the lengths bad traders will go to to avoid negatives. But the last person I dealt with followed the above description to a t. I drove 2 hours round trip, but the actual agreement of time happened on the phone, so he squirmed out of it.

Personally I don't give out negs lightly. If someone can't make a meet and they tell me ahead of time, or even after I'm on the way. I give them the benefit of them doubt and figure that life was just being life. I'll try to work out another time with them if possible. It's the ones that leave you hanging that earn the bad reputation. The ghosting is shady as hell and I'll err on the side of missing out on a deal.

Zero feedback folks are an unknown, but I'll still consider them.

I have a negative am i douche? :rain:

I have a negative am i douche? :rain:
I'm not personally calling you a douche, no. Is the feedback that accompanied the negative mark accurate? There's always at least two sides to a story, but according to the comment it looks pretty cut and dry as far as a thumbs down is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom