• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can you reload steel cases ?

In any event steel cases can be reloaded. AND if they have them bad primers they can be converted over to the good ones or so I understand as I aint ever tried to.

OK, the second time that you posted that so perhaps i need some educating??
Now I am not that super familiar with the berdan primer but?
just how do you convert a ammunition case with 2 offset small primer flash holes into a case with one centered flash hold that is generally of larger diameter?
and again not that familiar with berdan cases, but If i remember correctly isn/t the berdan primers actual deminisions slightly different than the boxer primer?
so if that is the case how would you seat it into the primer pocket??
again I guess slept through thsi class on primers if it will work.
and like i mentioned before to me this is much like sticking a ice pick through ones hand in enjoyment.
thanks

My carbines, my choice. Your stuff, your choice. Why does what I do bother anyone? My choices don't affect you or anyone else in any way?

People buy premium AR's and shoot the cheapest **** they can find in them? That doesn't bother me. It's their stuff. I build most of mine and people run them down? I roll fine quality handloads for each one of mine. I don't care what others think. Why do you?

don't be so sensitive, i'm not running down your equipment....in fact i'm wondering out loud why people think a soft steel case,not significantly harder than brass, is going to destroy their rifle...

I handload. I have no reason to ever buy steel case anything. I wouldn't run steel in a die made to size rifle brass.

You question my preference and don't expect a response? I never made mention of anyone else's preference, you did. Shoot what you want. Resize what you want. It's your stuff.

I hate nickeled cases. I've damaged a die with a burred nickeled .243 case. I surely ain't gonna use any steel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom