• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry Question - Private property carry

I would have to agree with the posters above. I if I got called to MWAG and you did not have a GFL you might have an issue. However even with a GFL. If the property Mang. has it posted no firearms or weapons allowed you might still have an issue. with the common area. Most cops I hope dont go crazy if they ever have this issue. I say let the person if they are in violation talk themselves in to or out of the ticket.

Bill

If I was you I would start gathering license plate numbers car models and colors and call it in to the non emergency local police number and pass it off to a patrol officer nearby...I've done it in a complex I lived in yrs ago and they staked it out and raided the place in less than 30 days..problem solved.

If I was you I would start gathering license plate numbers car models and colors and call it in to the non emergency local police number and pass it off to a patrol officer nearby...I've done it in a complex I lived in yrs ago and they staked it out and raided the place in less than 30 days..problem solved.

The only thing that honestly worries me is that we did call the police and started an investigation before and every time the police would show up everyone would look at us as if they knew the cops were there because of us. I am not afraid of an issue just worried for my fiance who adamantly made it clear last night that she does not like to be home alone when the place is really jumping. I am always carrying in my house and ready to fight my way to the long guns if necessary. I think I may drop by the Police Office and talk to someone either tomorrow or Thursday and see what I can do. Thanks everyone for your help.

I just do not want to head to county while the criminals walk free for shooting or getting caught carrying in a bad situation.

I lived in MS (I know, I know not GA) in an apt complex that had it's fair share of shady characters and activities. I carried open in MS because you were not required to have a license to open carry and I did not want to pay the 150 for 3 years. I was legal and armed. Land lady lived right behind me and never said a word. Had neighbors who had guns and they never cared either. Saw drug activity and fights and cops. Never really worried about it. It was just me and my wife, no kids. I constantly had people from my Battalion in and out of my Apt. so I may have been accused of "shady activity" too. Like I said I knew the land lady and we used to grill out with her and she always saw me with a gun and toting guns in and out of my apt. Just talk to mngmt and see what they say and tell them your concerns. I wouldn't outright volunteer the info of you carrying, but you may want to dig for opinions and info on how they feel about the subject.

See, that's the problem. LEO has to treat everybody like law abiding citizens until they catch someone breaking a law. That is usually AFTER the body starts to cool or the rapist flees the scene. Your "hood" is shot dude. May as well get the hell out or get ready to shoot it out. Scum will always leave an ever expanding ring if it isn't SCRUBBED clean.

See, that's the problem. LEO has to treat everybody like law abiding citizens until they catch someone breaking a law. That is usually AFTER the body starts to cool or the rapist flees the scene. Your "hood" is shot dude. May as well get the hell out or get ready to shoot it out. Scum will always leave an ever expanding ring if it isn't SCRUBBED clean.

I wish I could make a BA statement about this MDOG but I have told myself it may come to this and spend 45 minutes each day planning things while looking for new places to live that are closer to the school I work and study at. I was told I was not living in the hood but numerous shootings and murders later in quiet Valdosta I am positive I need to get out. I am going through the motions to get my license to carry but I could be off to another state in a year for PhD work or teaching. I know it should not matter but when you are a poor college student life forces you make those choices. Eat for the next two weeks or carry a weapon to protect myself and my fiance. Guess it might be time to knuckle up and get the license than take the chance that a shoot will land me in jail for carrying illegally. Plus I will be solving my part of the obesity pandemic by tightening the belt a few notches.

I wish I could make a BA statement about this MDOG but I have told myself it may come to this and spend 45 minutes each day planning things while looking for new places to live that are closer to the school I work and study at. I was told I was not living in the hood but numerous shootings and murders later in quiet Valdosta I am positive I need to get out. I am going through the motions to get my license to carry but I could be off to another state in a year for PhD work or teaching. I know it should not matter but when you are a poor college student life forces you make those choices. Eat for the next two weeks or carry a weapon to protect myself and my fiance. Guess it might be time to knuckle up and get the license than take the chance that a shoot will land me in jail for carrying illegally. Plus I will be solving my part of the obesity pandemic by tightening the belt a few notches.

I think you're taking the right course of action by getting your permit. EVERY apartment complex, no matter how nice it looks, no matter how nice some of the residents are, has its share of undesirable tenants. You may or may not be in the "hood," but if it has the problems you're describing, chances are there's other problems under the surface too. In our community even the gated apartment complexes have issues . . . much worse are your common stay by the week motels, or motels in general. I realize your life circumstances may dictate your housing choices, so keep your head up and do what you need to legally defend yourself.

Enjoy those ramen noodles. I think most of us were there once, too.

I think you're taking the right course of action by getting your permit. EVERY apartment complex, no matter how nice it looks, no matter how nice some of the residents are, has its share of undesirable tenants. You may or may not be in the "hood," but if it has the problems you're describing, chances are there's other problems under the surface too. In our community even the gated apartment complexes have issues . . . much worse are your common stay by the week motels, or motels in general. I realize your life circumstances may dictate your housing choices, so keep your head up and do what you need to legally defend yourself.

Enjoy those ramen noodles. I think most of us were there once, too.

Thanks Madhawk, it is just frustrating trying to get by on the up and up while some people are using and abusing the tax dollars I keep putting into the system. I have had a few convos with the guy and had him over for drinks once and that ended with a hookah coal burn on my carpet because he wanted to light it up with some shisha and I had no problem with it till he knocks it over. Now I see lookouts on the upper floor balcony and some shady stuff. I just want to make sure that I am safe. We had two ambulance calls for the same kid in another apartment ODing and refusing treatment this week and I am leaving to go home for three weeks and take a maymester class at WSU in Wichita because I can acrue extra hours on a free 3 hour waiver I have to them for being an honor roll graduate of my highschool 5 years ago.

I know it all sounds dumb I just want to make sure I am in the right so if something goes wrong I can at least have a leg to stand on. The ramen isn't bad its when you buy the knock off canned meat instead of spam it gets dicey.

Gentlemen, I had an encounter with some LEO at the complex tonight. My GF met with them in secret as others cam to the complex to investigate an anonymous report filed by one of her friends. Associates of the apartment above me causing the problems were tampering with my GF's car. I am writing on here in case anything happens to me or my fiance tonight to have witnesses to my personal report of the possibility of danger to my person. I pray the morning comes with out incident. Thank you for all of your support and help in solving this problem. We have been advised by police officers to continue making reports in the area and should violence happen to call them immediately but do as much as we humanly can to protect each other up to and including lethal engagements should anything happen. We are making a full and detailed report to the land lord tomorrow in junction with our police report.

Back
Top Bottom