• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying at state fair?

dunkel

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
Went to the fair tonight. The kids always love it. On the way in, though, I saw the sign...no guns, knives, etc. There were a couple of LEOs at the gate...maybe Cobb deputies? Anyway, they were checking bags, but no pat downs or metal detectors.

Anyway, was wondering on what basis they were forbidding guns. Did they miss the memo about public gatherings? There were no government buildings, I don't think. Can't think of any other off limits places that would fit. Private property, and therefore the sign was legally irrelevant?

CCW...I said that...was wondering if that was, indeed, the case or if they were trying to imply that it was a legal thing, what with the deputies or whatever right there at the gate, searching bags and whatnot.

spar1790, not if it's just a private property thing. But if they LEOs there think there is something legal backing the sign up, then they might try to enforce it as such.

Took my kid to the fair a week ago and we just walked through.
Took him again last night, and they had us lift our jackets and checked our waist bands for guns -n- knives.
My kid had been bugging me lately about carrying a big knife all the time, so for some reason I left it in the truck.
If I hadn't, I wonder what would have happened.
***BTW, I thought GA had a law about no CCW at public gatherings (like the fair). Am I wrong?***

Took my kid to the fair a week ago and we just walked through.
Took him again last night, and they had us lift our jackets and checked our waist bands for guns -n- knives.
My kid had been bugging me lately about carrying a big knife all the time, so for some reason I left it in the truck.
If I hadn't, I wonder what would have happened.
***BTW, I thought GA had a law about no CCW at public gatherings (like the fair). Am I wrong?***

Public gathering law went away last year. Apparently, not everyone got the news. Not a slam at you...I'm including many LEO agencies.

I wasn't checked in any way, although like I said, they did take a peak in my wife's purse. I probably would have been ok, as my bellyband lets me carry securely below my waistband if necessary. But yeah, a pocket piece is definitely on the list.

Back
Top Bottom