• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying at state fair?

Yeah, I know I sure as hell couldn't do anything like that with my old Army uniform. Oh well.. Different standards, I suppose.

LOL! Heck I couldn't even GET IN my old army uniform...but that's a different thread altogether. :p

Which really bugs me. I have no issue with cops moonlighting in any capacity be it private security, bodyguard, whatever. I DO, however have a problem with them wearing duty uniform and bringing the illusion of government, public authority to a privately hired position. This strikes me as an abuse of authority and a conflict of interest. If they want to spring for a private uniform, badge and equipment, fine. But if the uniform says APD or such then they should be ON DUTY for the municipality they work for. Sorry for the digression.

I agree. I hate when a church hires an off duty officer to **** traffic so its parishioners can enter/exit without waiting in line.

I agree. I hate when a church hires an off duty officer to **** traffic so its parishioners can enter/exit without waiting in line.

It's especially annoying at those mega-churches that have thousands of cars in the parking lot. There are a couple of those around here.

Anyone know NC's laws for carrying at public gatherings? I'm going to the NC State fair later this month with my girlfriend and don't know what their laws state about this.

Last edited:
ok from what i understand, if you were to rent out a building like lets say a building someone has. Lets say they have a no firearms policy for their building, that means you have a no firearms policy for your event. Still private property and they have the right to make the rules. The officers working the event may also be a security measure by the owner of the property and not the event. Most officers i know that get work at events like that get called from the owners directly, not the event organizers. they are there as more of a deterrent than anything. if you want to cause a problem with someone and you see a security guard with a flashlight you might not care to much about him since most professional security companies have a "hands off" policy, whereas you see an officer who even though might be off duty can still make arrests. Its all about what the property owner wants. i never get mad at events for have no firearms policies because its not securities fault or whatever the event is (like a concert) fault. Its not like Toby Keith is telling me not to carry to his concert, its whoever owns that property. Also as someone already stated, once you step foot on said private property, you are subject to any and all of their rules. If you dont you are subject to being thrown out and if you refuse, thats the point in which charges can be filed. I just dont get why some people are so mad at sports teams and such because of security measures. Its not like some of these places can just go somewhere else to play a game or have a concert so its not their fault, its the owners of the buildings. sorry, mini rant over. had a weird day lol.

Last edited:
LP... dont know what security company you have been involved with but I can promise you that all of the ones I have had dealings with didn't share a hands off policy.

I have always wondered if I decided to give the finger to those said "LEOs" on sunday around the mega churches and just ignored his/her directions and blew right past him, would he/she have an obligation to try to chase me down and make an arrest/ write a citation even though he/she is off duty or would his/her obligation lie with the church that hired him/her to direct traffic? What happened to separation of church and state? ........ Off topic a little, but just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom