• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying at state fair?

Carried at the Ga National fair this past week. According the signage at the gate as long as I did not enter any publicly owned buildings on teh Perry Agi center grounds, I was all legal .

I agree, but the question is: Is the fair public or private? Are the officers in uniform acting for the county or private organization? Can I hire a police officer to stand at my door when I throw a party to keep out gingers, Latinos, or any other group I decide?

Yes

I have always wondered if I decided to give the finger to those said "LEOs" on sunday around the mega churches and just ignored his/her directions and blew right past him, would he/she have an obligation to try to chase me down and make an arrest/ write a citation even though he/she is off duty or would his/her obligation lie with the church that hired him/her to direct traffic? What happened to separation of church and state? ........ Off topic a little, but just my $0.02

First, most of them are not off duty. Second, just because it is a church function does not mean it does not have public safety in mind. Just like a public football/racing event.
Disregarding an officer directing traffic would be detrimental to your license.

Back
Top Bottom