• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CC handgun in vehicle

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
For those that have/carry a handgun in your vehicle, how do you do it??

On seat next to you?
In glove box or console?
Between seat and console?
Up under the dash?

I am not talking about carrying in a holster on your person. Something other than that.

Just looking for ideas and suggestions.

In my lap or jammed in between the console and my seat or under my seat. SBR rides shotgun sometimes leaned up sometimes in my floor board. Left it in my pick up truck bed once and drove around for a half hour. Guns are everywhere in car. Not a safe zone. Not child friendly. Pain in the butt to drag as much crap around with me as I do but I never leave it with a weapon inside. NAA in my pocket, 42 IWB, 2.0 OWB on the 3 0 clock and 7.5" AR cradled like a baby. 2 30 round mags in my back pocket and that's how I walk up my driveway after a long day.

P.S.

If you do wanna leave your pistol on your seat and whip around town all fast like, the IWB neoprene style friction holsters will keep it from sliding and flying around your cab.

"Sticky" brand holster for example
IMG_6470.JPG
IMG_6472.JPG

For those that have/carry a handgun in your vehicle, how do you do it??

On seat next to you?
In glove box or console?
Between seat and console?
Up under the dash?

I am not talking about carrying in a holster on your person. Something other than that.

Just looking for ideas and suggestions.
Left handers have the nice feature of the well below the driver window... A friend told me that.

Where ever you put it make sure it is secure enough to withstand an impact from another vehicle/striking a stationary object and not go flying/sliding to the opposite side of the vehicle. On the seat/between the seat and console/in lap usually fails this test very easily.

Back
Top Bottom