• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken Coop build…..

Nice! Yeah I’ve realized pretty quickly that I’ll never break even or make money. Gonna be eating a boat load of eggs I guess and try to tell myself I’m saving money. Haha. Hoping I can maybe sell $5 dozens and at least cover the food I’m buying them.
I just gave 4 roosters away that I have been feeding for 4 months. We have six hens left. They should start laying soon. When we get back from vacation we are going to get a few more. At this point if they start laying and I can sell them for $20/doz I should break even in 20 years. Hey its something we all do as a family. Every night we all go out and take them supper scraps and watch them for a little bit.

I just gave 4 roosters away that I have been feeding for 4 months. We have six hens left. They should start laying soon. When we get back from vacation we are going to get a few more. At this point if they start laying and I can sell them for $20/doz I should break even in 20 years. Hey it’s something we all do as a family. Every night we all go out and take them supper scraps and watch them for a little bit.
I hear that! My wife, 5 year old son and I have been enjoying their crazy antics and behavior. Funny creatures. Gotta get the run done soon. Had to jump my neighbors fence twice yesterday and get some out of their yard. Embarrassing but they’re cool so it’s ok.

It is too dang hot out! Got some progress….

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

One thing I always tell people who care for chickens is to spend 20 bucks for a set of solar powered predator eyes. They are worth there weight in gold and will protect against any nocturnal animals. Most of my losses over the years are to raccoons who will kill one to eat and kill the rest for fun.

One thing I always tell people who care for chickens is to spend 20 bucks for a set of solar powered predator eyes. They are worth there weight in gold and will protect against any nocturnal animals. Most of my losses over the years are to raccoons who will kill one to eat and kill the rest for fun.
Ty for the info! I’ll look into them.

These are interesting. I assume they dont bother the chickens?

Back
Top Bottom