• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Commerce Gun Show?

Hey Bang - glad you spoke up. I've never been inside there but it can't have a lot of room for vendors. Good point even though it's close. Probably better off going to D'ville Pawn and picking on Steve.
If it's the same place it used to be right in downtown Commerce, it was tiny inside and you have to either park in the public lot by the railroad tracks or find an empty spot on one of the side streets nearby.

I actually haven't been to the pawn shop in Danielsville in years. I went in there with a buddy of mine probably 12 years or so ago. He had gotten word that they had a bunch of Romanian AKs for $250 each. I went in with him and sure enough, they were brand new and came with a sling, a mag and I think a bayonet.

My buddy begged me to get one too while we were there, but I've never been an AK guy and I thought $250 for an AK was highway robbery. LMAO!

If I'd known then what I know now, I would've bought a whole crate of them!

I went to the Farmers Market show last weekend. All the vendors are mule faced cause nothing is selling. They are running out of room on some of the tags cause there are three of four mark thrus and then the "new" price. I was looking for a $250 to $350 used AR. How much is a used one worth if a new one is close to $400? I am not looking to buy an AR, but who knows? There was a vendor there selling new Ruger 556 for $ 500 OTD. That's pretty good, but how does $436 grab you? See link below---- :)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/656309143

I went to a farmer's market show last year because I was bored and it was by far the worst show I've ever been to. I vowed never to return. Back in the old days it was the one to attend. I hope it has gotten better.

Ooohhhh, you know what?

I actually went to a gun show at the Commerce Civic Center probably ten years ago. I had completely forgotten about it! Unless they've built a new civic center since then, I'd recommend not wasting the gas money and door fee.

That place was so small that it only took me 30 minutes to see everything in there and that was with me stopping to BS with several of the dealers that were crammed into that place.

They need to do one at the Jefferson Civic Center. I've never been in there, but from the outside it looks to be alot bigger than the one in Commerce. The parking situation is better in Jefferson for sure.

Ditto, it was a waste of time & money. Probably 30-40 tables tops.

Was a big disappointment.......

$10 over retail on a lot of Kershaw knives
$30-$35 airsoft MBUS
$495 Remington 770

I'd say 98% of it was overpriced junk

Couple of items was reality but really only went to spend some time with son and look

Went today as it was close to home. The drive there took longer than to walk the floor. But ran into people had not seen in awhile so had some good conversations. So that was worth the trip and $8.

I've been disappointed at gun shows overall lately. Even the big show at the expo center in Atlanta. I guess they are catering to those buying "in the heat of the moment". I don't think they count on folks shopping around. I don't have $ to just go head over heels into buying a gun without knowing what they sell for (new and used) & researching to see if I'm getting the quality that I should be getting for my $.

Back
Top Bottom