• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

concealed carry and extra mag

Magazine failure. Do you know when that mag in your gun is going to go tits up? We have all had it happen on the range. Sure would suck if it happened when your life depended on the gun. I don't.carry spare mags for extra bullets, I carry spare mags for extra mags.
^^^Exactly why i carry extra mags. Oh and for all of the Zombies that have been popping up lately. :D

Ryan Grizzle Custom Belt, Holster, Mag Holder........

i45.tinypic.com_x6ek3l.jpg

Magazine failure. Do you know when that mag in your gun is going to go tits up? We have all had it happen on the range. Sure would suck if it happened when your life depended on the gun. I don't.carry spare mags for extra bullets, I carry spare mags for extra mags.

I keep my magazines in the same condition I keep my carry gun, many people may not tend to their mags but they should. Weapons failure is as likely a possibility has a mag failure. Do you address that contingency as well?

I carry a spare mag in my offside front pocket. For the most part I carry it with FMJ because I never know when an opportunity may arise to shoot something I dont want to shoot with JHP (dispatch small animal, random can, rapid paper plate). I figure if Im ever in a gun fight and Im on the second mag its beyond ugly and the type bullet doesnt matter.

depending on the gun, a blackhawk clip on mag holder on weak side or just in my left pocket. keltec mags are so small i usually just drop one in my weak hand pocket.

I keep my magazines in the same condition I keep my carry gun, many people may not tend to their mags but they should. Weapons failure is as likely a possibility has a mag failure. Do you address that contingency as well?
Yes, I carry three hand guns on my person and a rifle in my vehicle. Yes seriously. I also carry 2 spare mags for my primary on my person, and two more in my backpack/computer bag. Doesn't everybody? ;)BTW, magazine failure is the leading cause of weapon failure and MUCH more likely than any other weapon related failure. You never know when a mag is going to crap out. Eventually they all fail. Usually without warming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom