• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

concealed carry and extra mag

do you carry your primary IWB too?
Yes. Primary is a G19 with tlr-1 mounted, lasermax guiderod, and glock night sights ( I like having options ;) ). I carry this Iwb in a custom Tommy Theis holster I had him make me before he got big. All spare mags are Glock 17 mags.

Backup is a glock 26 carried on my left ankle in a galco ankle glove. The 26 also sports glock night sights.

I also carry a db9 in a desantis nemesis pocket holster in my pocket.

In the summer, I ditch the 26 as its hard to ankle carry effectively in shorts. ;)

I'm having trouble concealing with an IWB. It is noticeable if you're actually looking for it, just looks like I have those cell phone case on my belt.... Is OWB better since it rides above the belt rather than IWB where it rides right below belt line...

Yes. Primary is a G19 with tlr-1 mounted, lasermax guiderod, and glock night sights ( I like having options ;) ). I carry this Iwb in a custom Tommy Theis holster I had him make me before he got big. All spare mags are Glock 17 mags.
no shyt?! :)

I'm having trouble concealing with an IWB. It is noticeable if you're actually looking for it, just looks like I have those cell phone case on my belt.... Is OWB better since it rides above the belt rather than IWB where it rides right below belt line...
IMO, every holster is noticeable if you're looking for it. are you trying to conceal a standard, compact or subcompact?

Last edited:
Been carrying daily for over 15 years and never have I ever needed an extra magazine, and only once have I ever pulled my firearm. I have extra magazines, I have pouches to carry magazines, and I used to carry extra magazines, but I just dont see the need to carry extra magazines. The daily shoot outs to protect you and your family just dont happen in real life, only on online forums. Not saying that having extras on you is a bad thing, just dont see the need for them on a day to day basis.

And before everyone starts posting a bunch of news stories where they are trying to show that shoot outs do happen, make sure its a story about an EXTENDED shoot out where multiple mag changes were needed, and it didnt involve LEO's, just a run of the mill guy protecting his family.

Been carrying daily for over 15 years and never have I ever needed an extra magazine, and only once have I ever pulled my firearm. I have extra magazines, I have pouches to carry magazines, and I used to carry extra magazines, but I just dont see the need to carry extra magazines. The daily shoot outs to protect you and your family just dont happen in real life, only on online forums. Not saying that having extras on you is a bad thing, just dont see the need for them on a day to day basis.

And before everyone starts posting a bunch of news stories where they are trying to show that shoot outs do happen, make sure its a story about an EXTENDED shoot out where multiple mag changes were needed, and it didnt involve LEO's, just a run of the mill guy protecting his family.

My point exactly.

Back
Top Bottom