• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decisions Decisions

If you're only gonna own one 1911, or you're getting your first one, it's gotta be a .45ACP.

Got a budget for this new pistola?

cmshoot cmshoot Right at 1,000. Also @Max_Gain I never have been one that added a whole lot to a gun in terms of features. Don't get me wrong they're great to have, but even my Ar is pretty plain Jane.

I would recommend a Springfield Armory Range Officer. New they're well under that price.

I've seen used Springfield TRP's close to that price range, but they usually go fast.

2 recommendations from me.

NRA Atlanta has darn near every 1911 you can lay your hands on. From Rock Island to Night Hawk. I really liked the Christianson Arms, Wilsons, Dan Wessons, and even Rock River Armory has a large selection now. STI was there in full force as well. Remington has a line of double stacks now (obviously Para design) that you can sit there and fondle.

But if you don't want to battle Atlanta traffic, Autreys Gun Range in Fayetteville has dang near the finest collection of $1000 plus 1911's you can lay your hands on. NRA Atlanta did not have an Ed Brown booth, but they have them at Autreys.

Back
Top Bottom