• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Did they do this on purpose?

Could be that they did not read him his rights because of the condition he is in. Wouldn't one need to be conscious and coherent so they can understand their rights. I think it would be more troubling if they read him his rights as he is not coherent.

It let's you know that you don't have any?

Geez, I hope that's not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be that they did not read him his rights because of the condition he is in. Wouldn't one need to be conscious and coherent so they can understand their rights. I think it would be more troubling if they read him his rights as he is not coherent.

Good point.

from what I heard on Fox news was they did not have to on a terrorist situation. so only common criminals or local laws. if your a terrorist you anit got no right's. but with that being said the said in the case with Timothy Mcvey they read him his with in an hour because they got all the info they needed. I couldn't tell you myself, when I first heard it I thought crap a screw up.

**** his rights! They should of shot him... Yeah they can interrogate the hell out of him to get more information about other sources or more terror plans but **** that! We should send a message that if you do terrorist **** you will be ****ing shot and killed. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. **** em. If law enforcements are willing to harass people who don't break the law and even veterans then they should be trigger happy with mother ****ers who mass kill and even kill police. Seems like police and government take it easy on the super killers and the terrorist these days. You kill, you bomb, you poison, you do terrorist acts and you instantly get killed when we find you that's how it should be. Send that message across and it might not stop future acts of craziness but it might slow it down or lighten it up. Maybe. Just sayin.

Coincidence that he was naturalized on 9/11? It was 2012 but still. We are in Area 51 and I always put on my tin foil hat when I cone in here.

Enemy combatants do not have "rights" under federal law other than the right to remain dead. The CIA and FBI are well within their rights to interrogate thoroughly. If jurisdiction shifts to local, they will then read rights. However, they CAN charge both federal and locally at the same time and try the case in both courts. It would be unwise though to read him his rights before the feds are done and he lawyers up. No matter what, he will never walk free. He'll either be put to death by the feds or spend the rest of his life in prison. The object of interrogation here is not to prove his guilt. It's to uncover any possible broader conspiracy....or if you are a tinfoil hat wearing paranoid schizophrenic Beck follower...to cover up the gubberment's conspiracy.

It is still dangerous. Playing devil advocate, what does it take to categorize gun owners as "enemy combatants". This guys is a scum bag but rules should be followed to protect those that will come after him. This sets a precedence that the Feds can do what ever they want.

Back
Top Bottom