• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dirty Gun

Which is why I recommended a flap holster. Btw our military has a long history. The Air Force finally discontinued their use of the S&W m-15 in 2019.

just to poke the bear. Any run of the mill revolver will be more accurate than your average auto-jammer.

....and any revolver or semi-auto will be more accurate than 99% of shooters can exploit.

Which is why I recommended a flap holster. Btw our military has a long history. The Air Force finally discontinued their use of the S&W m-15 in 2019.

just to poke the bear. Any run of the mill revolver will be more accurate than your average auto-jammer.
I would be willing to take that bet but any semi-auto I own is WAY more accurate than it needs to be for a self defense/protection firearm. I know I can unload my P365XL as fast as I can pull the trigger and stay on a human size silhouette at 10 yards.....most people can't do that with a revolver(I probably can't either). I also don't need to keep it in a flap holster for it to stay reliable.

I would be willing to take that bet but any semi-auto I own is WAY more accurate than it needs to be for a self defense/protection firearm. I know I can unload my P365XL as fast as I can pull the trigger and stay on a human size silhouette at 10 yards.....most people can't do that with a revolver(I probably can't either). I also don't need to keep it in a flap holster for it to stay reliable.
Woo Hoo! way to go cowboy! LMK When you can do that at 25 yards.

None of that matters if you don't make good, sane, reasonable, rational, and legal choices in the moment.

O
A friend of mine bought a 3" barreled small-frame Rossi revolver in the late 1980s for only $130.
They're long discontinued and used ones are selling for $350 these days, but if you find one for a reasonable price of maybe $250, I think it would be very good as a dirty / farm work gun.
5 shots of .38 spl is a lot better than two shots of a bigger caliber from a derringer, AND
this one's 3" barrel aids practical accuracy and point-ability.

S
Oh please don't desiccate a Alexander Arms Rossi. They are some of the well balanced and smoothest shooting guns that didn't cost a arm and a leg. I have a mid size 357 mag and I have never held or shot another gun that felt so good in the hands to this day. Mine didn't cost 130 dollars more like 350 then. I would never ever consider letting it go.

Attachments

• IMG_20210214_185908699.jpg
    IMG_20210214_185908699.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
Woo Hoo! way to go cowboy! LMK When you can do that at 25 yards.

None of that matters if you don't make good, sane, reasonable, rational, and legal choices in the moment.
I can put 6 on a silhouette in less than 4 seconds at 25 yards from the holster. Practice that a good bit.

I would need more than 2 rounds. I have had run-ins with a pack of mongrels and it was a pretty intense situation. :shocked:

I’ve gotten spooked by a pack of dogs gone wild too.
(Years ago, Dawson Forest, City of Atlanta tract.)

Best I recall there were 7 all pure bred looking.
Big tracking collars on most of them.
I’d want more than 2 shots out of a derringer.
I was in a tree, I’d have hated to have been on the ground with just the bow.

To get this back on track for OP, maybe a Glock 48 or 43X. Both are small and you can get the 15rd Shield Arms mags for them. I'd still carry a revolver in the tractor for shot shells. Other suggestion is a sub S&W as others have remarked. Small, light, etc.

And yes I am a Glock fan boy. They're ugly, they aren't cool and they just work. If it gets messed up you can buy another one that looks just like it and shoots exactly the same. Finally you can drive over to Smyrna and have them fix it for free or small cost if you caused the issue. They just work, dirty, sandy, wet as far as any condition I am going to be in with it.

I keep the revolver in the tool box on the tractor. It stays clean and ready to go but I'd have no issue, other than weight (remember mines a GP100) in carrying it all day in the conditions in which I work about my acreage.

Get one of these and you can mount an AR or a shotgun to your ROPS if you want.
https://blacrac.com/product/blac-rac-1070/

Glock 19 are 17 with OWB safari level 3 holster. Never have to worry about it falling out unless you take it out. This is what I carry on my property, never gets in the way. I do a lot of work under a house also.
Get a sure enough holster for tractor work! I had my g23 iwb and noticed it gone. Two more rounds of plowing around the field I found it. Under the dirt and ran over by the rototiller lol

Back
Top Bottom