• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Of course you should be able to. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor though. There's no law in most places against busting slack". Does it make you look at someones boxer covered ass as an exercise in freedom or an obscenity that you would prefer your wife and kids not be forced to tolerate though? Having a right does not always make exercising that right smart.

I guess since it is a firearms based forum, the debate is deserving.

Got any examples of all of these stories about concealing? Before the night is out, I may head out to pick up the biggest OC holster I can find.

Google Concealed Carry incidents or Concealed Carry incidents news etc etc, and there will be an abundance of articles about concealed carry and violence.

Google Concealed Carry incidents or Concealed Carry incidents news etc etc, and there will be an abundance of articles about concealed carry and violence.

I think it's safe to exclude thugs and criminals that carry in their pants pockets. I am looking for stories about responsible concealed carriers getting negative attention.

Sounds like a mixed outcome, at worst. I'll reserve final judgement until after all the court cases are over. Most likely outcome? The city will fight it until they can't fight it anymore and then reluctantly accept that they have to follow the law...just like what happened here in Atlanta with airport carry. We didn't get airport carry to be accepted by lying back, being afraid to exercise our rights for fear that we'll lose them (as losing them means anything if we're too afraid to exercise them, anyway).

Overall, this is an obvious inconvenience for this poor guy, but his misfortune now will most likely end up paying big dividends for carriers in the future.

Passively hoping we will retain our rights will never come to any good nor insure we retain those rights. Dunkel clearly is on point on the issue of civil rights. I hope everyone else is aware this is clearly an issue of rights not whether you carry concealed or open.

I think it's safe to exclude thugs and criminals that carry in their pants pockets. I am looking for stories about responsible concealed carriers getting negative attention.

They are all "Conceal Carries". The old man who's pistol fell out of his pocket he was CC that discharged in a shopping mall, he was not a thug or a criminal. Keep reading there are plenty of articles under the search parameters. Who defines "responsible concealed carriers"??? I know several people with a firearm license, who all carry on a regular basis, and they have no buisness owning a firearm much less "CC"!! Until there is a better process of administering fiirearm licenses, the responsible carries, OC or CC, will be out numbered by the rest.

i usually cc because i don't want to be bothered when i go somewhere. just go about my buisness as usual. i do occasionally oc but only when it's hot outside and i don't wish to wear two shirts or get into buying different holsters to keep the weapon off my skin. way more comfortable to carry owb for me when the weather permits and that is the only reason i will do it. the law says i can so if my personal comfort level is elevated under law then i'm all for it. when someone has an inquiry on the weapon, i just explain the current laws and they are satisfied. never asked to leave a place or been harrassed by the police so far. chose what you will but it's a good idea to exercise all rights or they get chipped away and eventually removed if you don't. i think if more people used the right to open carry, the more comfortable everyone would be about it. after all, what good is the law if your not allowed to exercise it?

Back
Top Bottom