• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIVORCE Lawyer Question...

I'm not a divorce lawyer, but I'm a lawyer and I've seen divorce litigation up close.

I suggest that every time you ask your lawyer to seek something from the other side, or oppose something the other side seeks, you pull out a $50 bill and burn it.
For every follow-up call to your lawyer to pursue that matter, do it again to another Federal Reserve Note. Burn those other $50 bills as soon as the law office answers the phone for each call you place.

It will ultimately keep your legal costs down, by showing you how friggin' expensive litigation is. Showing you in a right-now, in-your-face kind of way.

I will go out on a limb and say I doubt anyone has had the pleasure of dealing with Lawyer's that calculate via the "Lodestar Method".....
Until you have had that pleasure, then everything else is trivial...

Trust Me...

My ex and I signed all the divorce paperwork for the uncontested divorce and are waiting on the judge’s signature to complete the whole thing. She moved out with her stuff last week and I changed the locks after she moved out. Now she wants to come back and stay in the house while I’m out of town claiming that since we are not divorced yet that she can still be in the house and because she hasn’t signed over the house to me and I have not paid her half the equity yet, as agreed in the divorce decree.
My question is since she moved out already am I obligated to let her back in since the house deed is still in both names or do I say “No” since she’s the one that moved out already before the judge signed the decree.

My ex and I signed all the divorce paperwork for the uncontested divorce and are waiting on the judge’s signature to complete the whole thing. She moved out with her stuff last week and I changed the locks after she moved out. Now she wants to come back and stay in the house while I’m out of town claiming that since we are not divorced yet that she can still be in the house and because she hasn’t signed over the house to me and I have not paid her half the equity yet, as agreed in the divorce decree.
My question is since she moved out already am I obligated to let her back in since the house deed is still in both names or do I say “No” since she’s the one that moved out already before the judge signed the decree.

And you want all that resolved for free.

GLWS

IT'S NO!!!!!!

IT'S NO!!!!!!

www.sherv.net_cm_emo_laughing_rolling.gif

www.sherv.net_cm_emo_laughing_crying_laughter_smiley_emoticon.gif

Back