• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you just assume all new members are plants?

Some of our older members
are plants, too.

This kind of carnivorous plant:

45BADDE3-69D4-4C25-8949-58309DC80EF6.jpeg

Just an observation, not advice.

If you're trading ANYTHING on this platform that *isn't* completely legal, you're a moron. Doesn't matter whether you try and maintain "plausible deniability", PMs - anything - it's all ****ing retarded.

1. The database that hosts this platform, and all the messages can be seized by any number of law enforcement bodies with almost zero effort, so your "wink-wink" agreement to discuss a swap for that "solvent trap" via a PM - or even exchanging phone numbers to "discuss further" is to all intents and purposes, public knowledge.

2. While all of us are probably on one or more lists somewhere, government bodies have effectively unlimited resources to identify particularly troublesome individuals and use social network analysis to construct a "communication network" that will implicate numerous completely innocent individuals when one person rants about "I know a guy who sells those things for $28".

Take a look at this - by G-men to G-men, Social Network Analysis - A Systematic Approach for Investigating. None of it is really rocket science, but this is the world we live in - TODAY.

We're at a phase in American history where even if no explicit link can be made between many of us and one person who may have criminal intent (but has not actually committed the crime because they lack some means and/or opportunity - and even true intent), we're all caught up in an investigation - even if we don't know it.

So, to the loudmouths who implicate all of us in their seedy little fantasies, I wish you'd shut your yaps.

Just an observation, not advice.

If you're trading ANYTHING on this platform that *isn't* completely legal, you're a moron. Doesn't matter whether you try and maintain "plausible deniability", PMs - anything - it's all ****ing retarded.

1. The database that hosts this platform, and all the messages can be seized by any number of law enforcement bodies with almost zero effort, so your "wink-wink" agreement to discuss a swap for that "solvent trap" via a PM - or even exchanging phone numbers to "discuss further" is to all intents and purposes, public knowledge.

2. While all of us are *probably* on one or more lists somewhere, government bodies have effectively unlimited resources to identify particularly troublesome individuals and use social network analysis to construct a "communication network" that will implicate numerous completely innocent individuals when one person rants about "I know a guy who sells those things for $28".

Take a look at this - by G-men to G-men, Social Network Analysis - A Systematic Approach for Investigating. None of it is really rocket science, but this is the life we live in - TODAY.

(Edits to follow)
Yeah, but it’s “private”… LOL
There is nothing “private” on the internet.
Hell, there’s nothing private if more than one person knows about it.

Mhm, I understand why people might ask for a BoS when trading a firearm, even if I think it's unnecessary. It's assumed that it provides some proof that the chain of custody of a firearm can been traced. Without thinking too much about it, it sounds like a good idea.

The reality is that it's a piece of paper that proves nothing whatsoever about what was done with that gun.

Some people get evangelical about this and want to educate EVERYONE, other people will just walk away and let people believe whatever they believe and get on with their own lives.

I'll leave y'all with the wisdom of XKCD.

1672504080415.png

Back
Top Bottom