• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you just assume all new members are plants?

So now I am curious. Has anyone ever been busted for acting as a dealer without a license on ODT?
I know that years ago some guys in lower Alabama got targeted by ATF for the best I remember selling at a flee market. I suppose if the same guy wanted five or more guns I might be a little bit suspect.

Guns at a flee market?
Run away from that!
AD0040FC-0BF0-4426-8858-2D967C12B418.jpeg

I know of a guy in Connecticut that was busted for dealing homebuilt AR15s without an SOT or FFL, but he was selling multiple firearms a month, over a period of about a year and a half.

He was also a prohibited person, so he may have popped up on their radar for a number of infractions, and really had no way to avoid prosecution.

The good news is that his dog survived the encounter with the alphabets.

What you think about someone who formerly had a pistol grip shotgun for cell, when asked if it was factory he admitted in his thread it was self modification?
Plus been here since 2017 with zero feedback
There's absolutely nothing illegal about putting a pistol grip on a shotgun. :noidea:

Welp.. opinions vary.. some LAW FOLKS say different.. me myself I don’t care what a person does with their stuff.. as long as it don’t effect me
I don't care, either. But I've read about how the Mossberg Shockwave came to be and how it NARROWLY fit legal definitions of a "firearm" not under rifle or pistol category and that changing out the factory grip on it to put a brace or stock on one pulls it completely out of that narrowly defined category and thus, illegal because the barrel is less than 16". I dunno. Guess it's gonna take somebody getting pulled in by the ATF and see how it shakes out.....

Welp.. opinions vary.. some LAW FOLKS say different..
It's not an opinion. Replacing a traditional stock with a pistol grip stock on a shotgun is completely, 100% legal.

Now, if you are referring to something other than a shotgun, such as the Shockwave, that's a different story and one on which there are several opinions.

It's not an opinion. Replacing a traditional stock with a pistol grip stock on a shotgun is completely, 100% legal.

Now, if you are referring to something other than a shotgun, such as the Shockwave, that's a different story and one on which there are several opinions.
Yep ok.. opinions vary amongst the LAW MEN

Take a look at the Mossberg JIC (Just in Case) series Model 500 series shotguns. Pistol grips. But the barrels are over the 16" minimum (they are 18.5"). NOT illegal. I bought two of them. One in Sandstorm and the other a black breacher model.

https://mossberg-store.com/product/mossberg-500-tactical-jic-mariner/

Take a look at the Mossberg JIC (Just in Case) series Model 500 series shotguns. Pistol grips. But the barrels are over the 16" minimum (they are 18.5"). NOT illegal. I bought two of them. One in Sandstorm and the other a black breacher model.

https://mossberg-store.com/product/mossberg-500-tactical-jic-mariner/
Two things.

1) I agree with you. We are saying the same thing. One can put whatever grip one wants to on a shotgun and remain legal.

2) Barrel length to keep a shotgun off the NFA registry is 18", not 16".

Back
Top Bottom