• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

I was working in Phoenix, and had the TV on in my hotel room as I was getting ready in the morning. I too remembered the plane hitting the Empire State building and thought something similar...even the news guys were calling it a "small plane or helicopter" on the first hit. Then that second plane came swooping in towards the other tower, hit it, and I immediately thought, OH CHIT!!! This ain't no co-inky-dink.

At a friends business drinking coffee our usual mourning routine.
I know I'm going to get a lot of Guff for this, but I'm old enough that words don't hurt me and I have my own opinion. Recently President Trump has gotten a hard time for trying to have a meeting with the Taliban at Camp David. Several have said that it was disrespectful this close to 9:11, but I wonder if it could happen. That a peace could be found between the Taliban and the world. One that would stop innocent people from being killed, and our soldiers would no longer have to be In Harm's Way because of this. I couldn't think of a better way to honor all those who died on 9/11 by stopping senseless terrorist killings. I feel a great sorrow anytime I think of 9/11 and any time that day comes around. I've wanted for years to come up with my own memorial to all those people and everyone who lay down their life for other people and I get teary-eyed every time I see the pictures of what happened that day. My only wish is "NEVER AGAIN"

Yep. Junior in college. Was getting ready to head to classes when my mom called to say one of the towers had been hit by a plane. I turned on the news to literally watch the live coverage of the 2nd plane hit the tower. I remember the stunned silence I had. Everything closed that day in Macon. I remember schools closed, even the Macon mall closed down. I think I stared at the news for a solid 5 hours trying to take it all in and figure out what was going on. I'll never forget that day.

10th grade Economics Class we were talking about stocks and the stock market and my business teacher came in and whispered into my economics teachers ear about what had happened. We turned the tv on and watched all the rest throughout the day

Working construction my first year after highschool. Three of us in the middle of nowhere gray ga, we sat around my truck all day listening to the radio.

I had no clue at the time the impact it would have on this country moving forward.

Clayton County - working at the misdemeanor probation office. My wife called and we all crowded in our bosses office to look at the TV.

Back
Top Bottom