• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

I heard it from the beginning on WSB driving north from Forest Park to Kennesaw. Got there in time to see the second plane hit.
I ended up pulling security at the guard armory in Griffin for a couple weeks.
They actually let us have ammo!

My wife and I were on vacation in Kentucky (National Quartet Convention) drove up on Monday.
I was in the shower (Tue. morning) and she came in and said, you need to hurry up, something is going on in New York.
I thought to myself, what in New York could possibly affect me taking a shower in Kentucky, while on vacation?
What little we knew... It affected EVERYTHING!
We were glued to the TV when the second plane hit, our kids were calling us, parents, etc.
Never thought they would come down, when they did, it kind of let the air out of our vacation, we packed up and headed home... there is no place like home.
Not a plane in the sky all the way home was crazy weird, Dozens of GREAT Americans were hanging signs and/or holding flags over interstate overpass's
Patriotic, humbling, sad all at the same time, long quiet ride home...
I put together a special patriotic slide show for church that Wednesday, we were packed (as most churches were right afterwards)
NEVER Forget!

I was in my home office and had the TV on. Never forget that day. Never forget who caused it either.

Every time you have to go thru airport security you should remember its because of muslims.

I was taking a training course in the "King and Queen" building in Dunwoody. During our first break we were all watching the news in the breakroom talking about how tragic it was and how could that kind of accident happen these days.

We went back to the classroom and maybe 30 minutes later a guy rushes in and tells us that the second plane had hit and they were evacuating the building. No one knew then that there were 'only' 4 planes, and the similarity of the King & Queen towers to WTC towers must have set off alarm bells somewhere.

I was stationed at Hanscom AFB, MA. I was sponsoring a new Captain to the Base! We were looking for apartments when the news of the attack reached me!

Used to drive by there and go to the air shows all the time growing up...

AP Anatomy class, trying to hit on a chick who I had a mini-crush on while the teacher got pulled outside for an unknown reason. Came back in, flipped on the TV and the entire class watched in near silence until the second tower was hit. School closed about an hour later. Our game was canceled. Our team got together, loaded into everyone's cars, and we went and sat at a wings place pretty well all day watching as the newsmen tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Parents made it there as they could. Most stayed all day as watched the info flowed in. Never will I forget where I was, what I was doing, the lives lost and changed that moment or those lost in the ensuing years. And will never forget who orchestrated and carried out this act. So sad how much of the media has forgotten. It wasn't just some people doing something. Thousands lost their lives that morning. Families were forever changed. Politics were forever changed. We went to war and have lost. The world was changed that morning. The US was changed.

AP Anatomy class, trying to hit on a chick who I had a mini-crush on while the teacher got pulled outside for an unknown reason. Came back in, flipped on the TV and the entire class watched in near silence until the second tower was hit. School closed about an hour later. Our game was canceled. Our team got together, loaded into everyone's cars, and we went and sat at a wings place pretty well all day watching as the newsmen tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Parents made it there as they could. Most stayed all day as watched the info flowed in. Never will I forget where I was, what I was doing, the lives lost and changed that moment or those lost in the ensuing years. And will never forget who orchestrated and carried out this act. So sad how much of the media has forgotten. It wasn't just some people doing something. Thousands lost their lives that morning. Families were forever changed. Politics were forever changed. We went to war and have lost. The world was changed that morning. The US was changed.
I wish I knew how to put one of those videos on that people do I put on Angry American by Toby Keith you may not know the name but you'll know the song when you hear it if anybody knows how put that up for us

Back
Top Bottom