• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

Working in my restaurant, we had TVs that we kept tuned to the news and financial channels in the morning. Thought it was an accident until we watched the second plane hit. Sent my employees one at a time to fill their gas tanks. Had no idea how the day would go from that point but feared for the worst. Very somber mood that day.

Drinking coffee, watching Regis and Kelly, cut to first plane crashed, called a couple of friends to tell them what happened.

Stayed in front of the TV all day. Drank a lot of coffee.

We have a gentleman in a social club, UGA grad, who was in the twin towers, got out, retired to Athens.

Amazing how many families across America were touched. My SO was a teacher in Jackson County, she had a colleague who had a DIL that was a stewardess on one of the planes.

Was in the back room of Kroger butler creek in Acworth
Worked for a very large soda vendor

Wife called the store and pages me and told me what happens to the first building

Called me back again about the second

Called my boss and said l was headed home to be with my family

The rest is history

Had 2 sons join the armed services since then

Interesting memories for me today. My father died 9-11-00 and exactly one year later the terrorist attacked. Both days I was at work and actually in the same room when I got the news. Strange coincidences. Bless all the lost souls, may they forever RIP.

I was working out west and got into my car to head to work just after 6am PST. Heard a plane hit the WTC in NYC. They first thought it was a passenger plane. Then the next plane hit.
Back in those days, internet wasn't the best - but went online when I got to work. (no smart phones).
My co-worker told me to go home b/c it was bad, so I went home. Filled up both of the cars with gas, got my guns ready for who knows what would happen....and watched TV.

Back
Top Bottom